RC-7 stand ideas

irishhitman

I have been struggling with the current center speaker stand in my HT and would like some ideas. I built one that has been useful for the past 4 years but I would like to build something unusual but functional and would like some advice from the collective wisdom. I am fairly capable with basic wood cutting and screw and nail type projects and can probably build it myself providing that it is of the wood variety. Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

I built one that has been useful for the past 4 years but I would like to build something unusual but functional

Is the only function to support the RC-7, or do you need it to house equipment or cd's/dvd's?

What kind of dimensions do you need it to be?

James

Welcome to the forum.

I built one that has been useful for the past 4 years but I would like to build something unusual but functional

Is the only function to support the RC-7, or do you need it to house equipment or cd's/dvd's?

What kind of dimensions do you need it to be?

James

I need it to be purely a center speaker stand and dimension wise it would need to be 20 to 22 inches minus the speaker. Thanks for the reply

• Moderators

There doesn't appear to be too many differences in the center channel stands that are available on the market that you could copy the design of. Most are similar in design to the ones I found below. You could use any of them and replicate it out of wood. Good luck.

CC-12E-2T.jpg

mu-c.jpg

mod45stand.GIF

ML2CCnew.jpg

Thanks Youthman I like the Dinosaur ones but I especially like the Foster's can one the best. When I purchased the RF's and RC a few years ago the dealer had a center stand for his display that for visual reference was a flat plate on bottom and top and the upright was in a solid X shape with a black finish. Very cool and when I inquired the origins he had said it came from Klipsch but not sure that was accurate. Thanks again

Very cool and when I inquired the origins he had said it came from Klipsch but not sure that was accurate

Maybe that was something that Klipsch supplied for their dealers....

That would be cool... How about making something like the Klipsch logo or even the PWK initials out of wood. Then top it off with a stone of sort or wood and place the RC-7 on that.

James