Custom 3 earphone problem

iamstrong

Hi all

I live in Vancouver, Canada, and my father bought the Custom 3 earphone for me. I only used this earphone for a week or two, before the eargel fell out of my ears. After i retrieved it, i found that i couldn't achieve the same sound quality i had before. I can still hear the earphone, but it is only half the sound than it is before. Is there something wrong the the eargel or the earphone, or is it just the way i positioned it?

Thanks to anyone for the help

Jon.

Only speculating...

1. Do you have the little (very little) 'tab' on the eargel aligned up with the mark on the attachment point? This will put the eargel in relative proper orientation so it fits in your ear the right way.

2. More likely... have you tried the various sizes to make sure which one is the right fit for you? Going from a no/low seal to a good seal for me, makes quite a bit of difference. Thanks to my big, loppy head, I started with the medium gels and have since admitted my ways, and had to use the large ones.

Maybe my wifes comments about me being thick headed are not too far off base!!

Make sure the nozzles are clean. They can easily get filled with ear wax or any lotion one may have put in your ear.

The little cleaning tool is your friend. I'd recommend carefully velcroing it to your case. http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/101820/1029515.aspx#1029515

Some info on cleaning in this thread: http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/97606.aspx?PageIndex=1

p.s. If you want to see more posts, click on More Options on the main Headphone forum page and set to show all posts as it defaults to the most current 2 months. You may need to reset occasionally as even though I select apply it gets reset to show current 2 months.