using your Logitech remote for PS3

InVeNtOr

i have heard that if you have a logitech remote you can't use it for the ps3 because it's bluetooth. well i have a way around it. if you buy a Nyko Blu-Wave remote you can program your logtech to take it's place. the blu-wave comes with a usb "thumb drive/ ir receiver." now your playstaion is controlled by an ir remote. logitech already has that device listed, so just add it to your remote commands and poof, no more ps3 extra remote problems.

i bought one today, they are $15 at newegg. i bought one from a lady new in box, because i didn't want to wait. i also paid $15 but had to drive 40 minutes one way to get it.

when i got home to test it out, i already set my logitech remote up the day prior, so as soon as i plugged in the usb device, it worked.

now very happy, back to one remote!

Blu-Wave remote

well....don't rush out and get one just yet. the Nyko left out a very important button, THE POWER OFF BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so the remote will do it all except turn the dang thing on. what good is the remote you stupid engineers! i am going to have to call logitech asap and see if they can "add" a button and take care of my problem.

i may have just screwed falcon out of some money.......

well i just learned something important. when using the ps3 you actually have to scroll through the menu and "turn power off." i was simply hitting my "all power off" button, which turns off the onkyo, which kills the 12v trigger to the furman, which takes power away from the ps3. that way the ps3 isn't even in standby, no red light. well if you do that, the ps3 will not turn power back on unless you turn it on at the unit, no nice couch lazy option. it was fustrating me because i didn't know that. so tomorrow, well today, i'll call logitech and have them add "power toggle" and i'll just pick a random button and assign it to it. well i hope i can do that....

learned something new......

• Moderators

well....don't rush out and get one just yet. the Nyko left out a very important button, THE POWER OFF BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, there has been much talk about this in the AVS forum. I haven't looked at it in awhile. My guess is that it wasn't an oversight but more of a programming issue. Not sure. To me, it's not that big of a deal. I have to insert a Bluray anyways so might as well turn on power too while I'm there. :)

Yes, there has been much talk about this in the AVS forum. I haven't looked at it in awhile. My guess is that it wasn't an oversight but more of a programming issue. Not sure. To me, it's not that big of a deal. I have to insert a Bluray anyways so might as well turn on power too while I'm there. :)

That is Sony's the evil plan to make you burn all the extra calories you got from that pop corn bag, use the power of the pinky

I currently have the NYKO for the PS3 that I control with a Harmony One. It has been announced that Logitech will be releasing a remote that will also control the PS3 later this year, although I am sure they will want more than an extra $15 for it.

If I remember correctly, I think logitech said that when the PS3 goes in standby mode it disables the USB to IR adaptor; therefore you can not turn the PS3 on without a bluetooth remote or being at the unit. If you do find a way to simulate a power button, please let me know.

no prob. doesn't look as nice as the blu-wave, but it will turn the ps3 on! lol it's really not that big of an issue, your right, you have to put the disk in anyway. it was a big deal with my hd-a3 because it took for ever to turn on and take a disk. the ps3, it's a matter of seconds. glad i could help