Best receiver for rf-52 system in 7.1 set up

leo0418

Someone can help me tell me what is the best receiver for the rf-52 system in 7.1 setup, mainly in sound performance, I read in some forums that denon don’t work fine with klipsch speaker is that true? Actually I have the rx-v663 of Yamaha drive my system but some days run out of gas with my system, I read that Yamaha receivers only gave half of power in 7.1 setup for that reason a I don’t want a best Yamaha receiver, my first look is with denon but I don’t want make a mistake with it.

Hi and welcome, you mentioned that you don’t feel the 663 is enough power for the 52’s, have you considered going separates, the 663 has pre outs I believe, therefore you can connect to a power amp and use the 663 as a pre amp.

Just a thought, this will give you the extra gas that you are looking for, as for the Denon, many people here use the avr and love the sound with Klipsch.

Your right about it cutting in power when going to 7 channels. Most receivers do that, and you have to find one that does it the least. I myself am looking at Marantz as it seems they don't suffer the power loss as much. But I will be staying with 5.1 to not suffer so much with the power loss. I also have no need for 7 channels.

Many thanks for your inputs but the rx-v663 is only 95W x 7 channels and it like another Yamaha amplifier it have a lot loss of power when you increase the power in several channels, in 7.1 setup they only gave the half of power (47 W) although my room is small I will have to increase the power to max level to I get full sound in my room, I afraid that I do that I listening only distortion instead a good sound whit this speakers, I love speakers but I thought that it was underpowered my speakers, for that reason I want a new avr.

Welcome to the forum

I have a few questions.

Do you like the v663 other then the power problems? How much are you looking to spend? Have you thought about an external amp?

I bring up the first question to ask the third. If you like the avr and only need a power boost an external amp will take care of that for you. With the pre-outs on the v663 all you need is the RCA cables from avr to the amp and you are up and kicking again, with more power.

James

Thanks for your inputs jamesV, well I really like with my yamaha but I need another avr for my bedroom and I will going use this for that, I will buy a new avr for my rf-52 system; my budget is around 1200 and my first sight is a dvr-2809 for denon but I read in some forums that denon don’t work fine with klipsch speaker, also I from Colombia and in my country is not easy sound test because we don’t have store like bb (this is other world J) I will grateful if somebody can help me.

well i can clear up the denon & klipsch thing i have an avr 798 and klipsch vf 35's with matching vf surrounds and center and sub 12 and let me tell you the sound is unbeilievable in no way will you ever regret going to denon

bailz

leo0418,

That is the hard part as I don't know what products are available to you.

If I were you I would get the Denon, some people here have Denon and like them. You have to remember that not everyone is going to like the same sound, it is all personal opinion.

Good luck on your search and remember, if it sounds good to you that's all that matters and play it loud.

James