What preamp and speakers to go w/ my Cary CAD 40MKII

Solanus

Well, I've been wanting to get back into tubes. I used to run Luxman 3045's w/ B&W 803's. Sold them when kids got here. Now I went and bought a pair of CAD40's. Figured it was a good way to get back into the hobby. I need help though. As the subject line says: I could use some constructive suggestions on preamp and speakers. Thanks, Don.

VELCOME

Now list room size, type and volume of music preferred and budget; these will all be mixed together in an elixer 'specially concoctted for you by a mad scientist that will be stopping by moments after you fill out the questionaire.

God Bless our Veterans. My room that I will be putting the system in is around 13X14, 8' ceilings (a basement room). I prefer classic rock and classical (the three B's-Bach, Beethoven, Brahms) at a moderate volume. Nothing probably ever too loud, I will be using a vintage pioneer turntable and a more modern cd player/ maybe an ipod or mp3 player. As far as budget goes, I'm thinking under $1,000.00 for the preamp, speakers, well, I'd like to keep the cost moderate, 1,000-1,500.00. Maybe a little more if I can get some stimulus money (sorry just joking about the stimulus money) I hope this helps in concocting the auditory tonic to what ails me (a lack of a good sounding system) Best regards, DQII

As far as budget goes, I'm thinking under $1,000.00 for the preamp, speakers, well, I'd like to keep the cost moderate, 1,000-1,500.00.

Thanks for the thanks.

Are you saying <$2500.00 for both speakers and pre-amp? That'll open up quite a few medicine bottles. How time constrained are you? Pretty good deals these days if ready to leap when the train comes by.

In my opinion for that money, I would hold out for a set of Belles and a Juicy Music Pre but that may take some time and great fortune to make the price point. However, a good set of Forte IIs or Chorus IIs and you would be real close to buying the Blueberry with cream option for sale in the garage sale section right now.