Bi-amping RF-83s

Sick Mother

• 1 month later...

you have to understand that your 83s are very efficient. I am giving my RF63s somewhere around 140 watts per channel. You will be fine using your seperate amp, because this is what it is made for. You could always upgrade your amp in the future.

Yes and no. The efficency is rated I believ at 1000 hertz. The problem is that the bass can get affected alot. I had firsta Harmon Kardon streo receiver rated at 120 watts and then i swtiched to a 7.1 Denon 3805 big mistake the claimed 120 watts of the denon were not true at all since the fact the harmon could drive the rf83 to produce bass that would literally make a buzz on your skin effect. The denon just could not do it. But then I got a Crown xti 1000 that is rated down to 2 ohms. If I remember correctly the 83 dip down to 2.8 ohms around 40 hertz which is why the denon had a hard trouble producing bass

As with the bi amping. To do the biamp with the denon and just remove the metal jumpers off the back of the klipsch is fools bi amping. The Klipsch gives the option to Bi Wire not bi amp. You need to remove the internal crossovers if you want to bi amp

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about you guys, but bi-wiring made a big difference, I have bi-wired my RF82's with my Outlaw 7x200 watt amp and Integra DTC 9.8 Pre Pro, and the mids get their own 200 watt amp and so do the highs on the front two RF82's, and the same will be done when my new RF83's come thru my door this comming Tuesday, can't wait[:D]. to hook up those babies.[8-|] , anyone interested in a pair of RF82's and RC-35 Center.