Klipsch KG4s vs. RF62s?

Larryg2

Hello all and thanks in advance for any help with this novice question. This is my first post here.

I've got a good deal pending on either of these fine speakers. Obviously, the mint KG4s are substantially less expensive than a new pair of RF62s. I'm using a Yamaha RX496 to push whichever speakers I wind up with based on your advice. I'm certainly no audiophile and this system will not be used for home theater or surround. It's strictly for music enjoyment in my familyroom. I've heard the RF62s and like the sound. I have never heard the KG4s, but based on the overwhelming support you folks here seem to have for this older speaker, it sounds like a pair of these would certainly do the trick.

Of the two, which would you recommend for better quality music enjoyment?

Thanks again!

Larry

Welcome to the forum. KG4's and vintage Marantz(22** series receivers). Sweeeet sound. I did not know just how awesome the KG4's sounded until I hooked up to my just aquired Marantz 2252b. Bought Marantz last Friday and sold KG4's on Saturday. I was already committed to the sell. Total investment was less than $300.00(Marantz & KG4's).

Bill

Just wanted to say that I picked up the beautiful, mint KG4s last evening and set them up immediatley for a test run. I'm absolutely blown away by the quality of the sound from these 25 year old speakers! These will prove to be one of the best selections and investments I've ever made. Thanks to this forum for the information and advice.

They're black and honestly not a mark or imperfection on either one.....grills & all. I bought them from a guy about a 40 minute drive away for $200 so there was no shipping. I'm really, really pleased with the cost, condition and performance and feel like I've got a $1000 sound for $200.