bi amping?

smcilwaine287

• Moderators

I tried this with my Yamaha and RF-83's and heard no sonic difference whatsoever.

Pros - Can't think of any unless you use a separate active crossover, you can say you have them bi-amped

Cons - Extra set of wires, no sonic improvement, extra 2 channels being used to draw power from your receiver thus making it run hotter and less efficient.

dang, youth, didn't even put sugar on it! you might as well called him a Tard and told him to go back to coloring. lol lmao!

just joking around. i'm with youth on this. this is comming from someone who has a LPA-1 and bi-amped my front 3. i had them bi-amped for a while, decided one day to unplug and use just one set of wires, no difference. in fact when i rebalanced my speakers all the db levels were now with in 1 db. they were as much as 6db off. (the center was way lower than the mains, don't know why).

remember, it doesn't matter if you have a Gillion Watt amp, your speaker is only going to use what it needs. it's not like the amp actually sends a Gillion watts to the speaker, it's the other way around.....the speaker has a Gillion watts available. if you are like the rest of us younger guys you may have the volume 2/3rd the way up, in no way are you going to pull 200+ watts to that speaker at that volume. the older guys, may turn it up a little louder.....lol just joking you guys!