Picture of my SVS woofers

eq_shadimar

Seb,

Thanks for the fast answer,well the Sunfire Signature HT power amp goes for $6499CAN and the pre/pro for $5499CAN! LOL I will pay ...ahem LESS.Well duh

I am telling ya the ALL Klipsch R series system deserves the Sunfire better sound quality and efortless power.Next year I may add the two channel Sunfire Signature for a SUPER SUNFIRE/Klipsch monster system in my 14*10' room.

I looked at the Pioneer VSX49 and its not even close to the Sunfire combo,no reciever is.

TheEAR wants power,and lots of it.Quality is not an option.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

HornEd, I was not at all offended, in fact I'm confused now. If I seemed offended, I appologize. I was sincere and truly thought you were an imaging expert. Its amazing how many peoply I meet that are interested in HiFi where it turns out they are also big photo enthusiasts, and the vice versa -- us boys and our toys/hobbies. If you haven't already, you need to look at some large format prints from images taken with the Nikon D1x or the Canon EOS 1D or the Canon EOS D60. I've seen some with no post-processing, just simply up-sizing in the printer itself turn out with no grain, no noise, and no obvious pixelation (40x60 viewed carefully from 6"). Believe me, I was once a skeptic, now I'm a believer. Kind of like with SACD. Sorry to take up more BB space, now back to subs. Speaking of which, I never put any of my expensive lenses in my trunk with the subs, call it paranoia. I definitely wouldn't bring any lenses into The Ears or HornEds house with the seizmik bass and Klipschs pumping cwm1.gif.

This message has been edited by J Tanman on 03-01-2002 at 12:05 AM

Sorry, J Tanman, I was for many years considered a leading authority of high end imaging and led a company that developed the patents for the world's most precise four color printing process... and on into the methods of making better chips, computerized data based publishing and artificial intelligence, etc. We were a scrappy group of mavericks bound together in our think tank to solve problems our Fortune 500 clients couldn't. I mistook your statement as flippantly depicting expertise as arrogance... and that's my bad. Arrogance is the mask of fools... and if you find it on my face or covering my prose... then a rebuke is well deserved.

In our day, we were years ahead of others... but those years have passed all to quickly since medical retirement took me out of the flow. I am a long time Nikon user and formerly a consultant to Canon... and familiar with both the Nikon and Canon digital cameras you mentioned... but have not found them to be as good in the field as you have. I believe them to be transitional cameras that will be replaced relatively soon with a new generation of digital cameras.

In fairness, your referenced links were examined and found to be less current than I would have anticipated... but still, they offered IMHO valid areas of caution in buying the current offerings.

I am being "romanced" by Epson and Roland to endorse and use their high-end wide format printers. I have a medium format Epson that uses six-color pigmented inks at 1440x720 dpi in my motorhome/studio. Roland has come out with an eight-color, 1440x1440 variable drop wide format printer. Perhaps I am mistaken by thinking that you are claiming higher quality than you are.

In any event, I am glad you and I are pursuing the digital trail... along with quite a few others on this board. Clearly, you seem to be better informed than the average camera or speaker salesman... and that's a big plus in your favor. I just wouldn't like to see our Forum members buying a "Bose" of a digital camera.

Be well, I need to study up on what I am going to do to build a better bass to support the new-to-me K-horns and Belle. cwm15.gif HornEd

HornEd,

Honestly, I am just an amateur/hobbiest, so my knowledge is quite limited. I wish I had more contacts with professional photographers/imagers so I could learn more. I know I have tons of questions to ask. Wow, you really have had incredible amounts of experience with imaging. I probably have lower standards that you, that's why I am more easily satisfied with current digital technology, although I completely agree with you that the current lot of cameras are only placeholders that will be replaced soon, that's why I'm going to wait a while to upgrade. Well, I'm not going to give any more of my opinions in light of your vast knowledge (being sincere), besides, this isn't really the place for it. Now back to subs. Someday, I want to get another pair of CS+ subs for the other corner of my HT, but I think I'll wait until I can build a reinforced bunker to handle the subterannean activity. I think my phone is ringing with my dealer calling to tell me they finally got the RSW subs in. Must listen.

I am also a photo nut so there must be some common gene to Photography and Hi-End Audio. Just moved to digital (only 2.1MP) and it is ok but nothing beats an old SLR - Canon A1 was my fave. I do find the Canon digital SLR to be right nice but not at it's current price.

------------------

Fronts - KG4's

Center - C6

Surrounds - S6's

Sub - KSW200