RFs vs. KLFs

BHZ Boy

I thought I was ready to buy from the RF line - not sure whether 3, 5 or 7, but some of the posts re: KLFs have also peaked my interest (as well as Heritage Series - but I left a seperate post re: that).

However, I can not find KLFs to listen to, so I don't know how they would sound different. Can anyone help re: this?

Also, is there a big jump from the RF3 to the RF5 to the RF7? I did already buy my sub - a Klipsch LF10, so I guess I am now officially part of the K Family! Thanks in advance for your replies.

Well, BHZ Boy, you came to the right Forum. There are three distinct areas of opportunity.

The Reference line is current, available, very accurate somewhat modern sound in scaled down enclosures that still seem big when put next to their competitors.

The Heritage line is still "officially" current and reflects the grand old Klipsch horn sound... but production has been suspended while a search is made for a suitable driver manufacturer. So filling your ears becomes a hunt on Ebay, garage sales, or where ever to find vintage vestiges of Mr. Paul's finest. I use vintage Cornwalls in the music room... and in the market for Belles and K-horns.

The Legends line was finally closed last year... so new loudspeakers of that ilk are hard to come by this year. The Legends are preferred by many rockers because of their "in-your-face" live concert atmosphere they create. I think they work great for HT and have six KLF-30 Legends dedicated to that purposes... with a pair of KLF-C7 Legends for Front Effects.

You'll find that you will learn quickly here... post some questions and let us know what you have or are thinking. You will get plenty of feedback for both your mind and your ears. Enjoy! HornEd

------------------

"LEADING 8 LEGENDS INTO THE 6.1 GENERATION!"

FOREGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30's: Left Main, Center Main, Right Main

KLF C7's: L & R Front Effects on 5' sand filled columns

BACKGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30's: Left Surround, Rear Effects, Right Surround

LARGE MOUTH BASS:

Twin SVS CS-Ultra SubTower, Samson Megawatt Amp

KLIPSCH SPEAKER SUPPORT SYSTEMS:

Bass friendly, oversized, glove-leather LazyBoy Recliners

Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65", Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

Toshiba Pro Scan 6200, Toshiba Pro 6-head SVHS W808

in search of the Eternal Tweak!

Music Respite Room: Vintage Cornwall's in Transition

Klipsched Class "A" Motorhome: On the road testing

Hey HornEd,

If you have a picture of your setup, could you please post it. I would love to see it!!!

Thanks

------------------

My first setup

Fronts----KLF 30's

Center----RC-3 II

Receiver--JVC RX-9010V

Rears-----Quintets

Sub-------RSW 12 soon!

TV--Panasonic tau 32 HDTV

DVD------XBOX, Sad I know

Not to bad for my bedroom

Okay, Schmidty, here's the one I last posted which referenced the stacking of the SVS Ultras. The screen was shot as one of the tigers frolicked in Gladiator.

I have since changed the Front Effects speakers from the SB-2's pictured to a pair of KLF-C7's to re-establish Legends at every position. My pride and joy is the KLF-30 center conversion atop the 65" HDTV. DIY completion of that unit brought a whole new dimension to Legend HT...IMHO. I believed that a person should match mains with their center... and this proved it!

For some time, I used inverted KLF-10's for Front Effects but actually prefer the C7's over them for Front Effects duty... more of an ethereal quality.

The music room and motorhome are in a heavy transition period but I will post their photos in due time. Hope you get some of the feeling I get from experiencing this every day! cwm32.gif HornEd

before I bought my KLF 30's, I went to United Audio which is now called Tweeter. I notice you live in MN and I'm in IL, so I'm not sure if you have Tweeter up there for an audio store. Anyhow, I listened to them there but did not buy them. I could have only bought like 1/2 a speaker at Tweeter for what I got my whole set for over the WWW. Search and you will find some great deals out there. Most with warranties still from the factory too.

-User Name

Happy Hunting