Elton John: The Red Piano - Blu-Ray

wuzzzer

Awesome concert! Not nearly as long as his 60th birthday concert, but great songs and amazing audio. Its too bad that his voice has lost an octave or two in the upper end, he has to rely on backup singers for the high notes now.

I dare you to watch 'Rocket Man' and tell me you're not impressed by the extended ending. Its amazing how he can play the same note for quite a long time and just make it sound beautiful.

5/5 stars.

NetFlix info:

Elton John's
colorful The Red Piano shows at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas have
become legendary among his fans since they began in 2004 -- and now you
can watch one of these spectacular concerts from your own home. John
sings his best-loved songs, including "Bennie and the Jets," "Rocket
Man," "Tiny Dancer," "Candle in the Wind," "Philadelphia Freedom,"
"Daniel," "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting," "I'm Still Standing"
and more.

I dare you to watch 'Rocket Man' and tell me you're not impressed

Interesting that you say that. I've grown tired of hearing Rocket Man for the umpteenth time over the decades and find myself hitting forward if it comes on....

Then (having always been an Elton Johh fan and seeing him several times in concert) I bought his 5-ticket or something like that DVD where it's got 5 dvd's. A show taped in NY, Ephesus Turkey, London... (I forget all)

Anyways, the version of Rocket Man in Ephesus is simply outstanding and I'll put that dvd in just to hear that version!

On the London show, I particularly like Carla Etude mated with Tonight. Carla Etude was something I was surprised to hear. I used to think..."He's so freaking good on the piano, why doesn't he just do a couple instrumental songs" and when he came out with The Fox, there was Carla Etude. He did a nice blending of it into another favorite, Tonight.

He's certainaly a showman. I've not seen the Red Piano though....need to get that.