Thanks And Kudos To The Friendly Folks At StereoOne in Springfield, MO!

jdm56

I just strolled in on Friday afternoon (7/24/09) after dropping the wife and kids off at the mall across the street. I was asked what I was looking for and I stated that I really wasn't in the market for anything in particular at all. Just killin' time, basically. And you'd think that would have been the end of it right there, but no... I was treated to a full tour of the store and given demos of many of the outstanding products on hand, both audio and video. I heard a wonderful pair of B&W 800's and had the pleasure of experiencing the opening scenes of "Ironman" in their $150,000 home theater room, featuring the complete Klipsch THX Ultra2 system --WOW!.

StereoOne in Springfield, Missouri is probably the most nicely appointed AV emporium I've visited. They have multiple "showrooms" of varying sizes that really just feel like a room in a nice home - all outfitted with superlative audio and video. And the staff is knowledgable and gracious. What more could you hope for? They even offered me a refreshing cold beverage, which was greatly appreciated on that warm summer day.

I went in hoping to see and hear some heritage speakers, and though I was disappointed in that regard, I still came away impressed. Klipsch should consider themselves fortunate to have such excellent dealers for their products. Now, just get some Heritage out there!

Its always good to hear experiences like that, especially in today's retail world. I've worked retail in a jewelry store for over 11 years and we always get people praising our store and saying that they love shopping with us because we take each person seriously and have fun showing them around whether they're just killing time or seriously looking.

"Expect that each person coming in is buying today" is the philosophy I live by. By that I don't mean that I'm pressuring each person who comes in to leave with something, but rather that I give each person coming in my full attention and assistance. You'd be surprised how many times someone has come in in raggedy clothes only to leave with a $10,000+ Rolex or diamond ring.

They definitely moved to the front of the line for me. If I am in the market for new Klipsch, B&W, Arcam, McIntosh or Marantz, I know where I will go first! And that's just some of the audio lines I remember. They also have a huge selection of Mitsubishi, Pioneer, Samsung and Sony video displays. Kaleidoscape media servers, Crestron controllers and Stewart screens. An A/V oasis in a big-box store desert.