Bi-amping Cornwalls

Alan,

Yes you are absolutely correct. I know and love that painting as well. I even have a nice old book on Mondrian which has some of his writings, very interesting. One essay in the form of a dialogue is called "Natural Reality and Abstract Reality". He is quite articulate.

Did you know Mondrian was quite the dancer? I am sure he liked to Boogie Woogie and would have also probably liked the Boogaloo. I was assuming mdeneen, being also the artist he is, knew some of this when he purposely distorted the name from Broadway Boogie Woogie to Boogaloo Down Broadvay (including perhaps the "Freudian slip" of changing the W to V etc.). I also assumed it was some word play and an obscure reference so I grabbed the fortuitous opportunity to support his punning because I myself like and play something akin to Boogaloo music which is related to latin jazz. A friend of mine actually has a website called Boogalu.com on which he presents links to music he has personally recorded in Cuba.

We were both there last July, he is there again now. I am a student of authentic Afro Cuban rhythms. (I travelled there with official license).

http://boogalu.com/

-tumbadoraed and bomboed

------------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components

This message has been edited by Clipped and Shorn on 03-16-2002 at 05:13 PM

Are you guys nuts ???

After reading entries on upgrading; it sounds more like RETRO..Using older PWK component.

The earlier speakers designed by PAUL ( I have my doubts about who designed some later units ) were engeneered by an acoustical genuis. Maybe replace old wires,caps, and chokes. If it aint broke...

I got my first PWKs in 1968.

Now using:

Four CORNWALL Ones as flank ( stacked Tweeter to Tweeter)HOLMAN PRE AMP LUXMAN CD-113 CD player

Two HERESYs as Center Channels ( Stacked the same way)

Two LUXMAN M-117 ( BTL-420w per chan ) as flanks

One LUXMAN M-117 220w per chan to drive center chans

------------------

TNC

After all is said and done, I am not sure I will bi-amp my nice Cornwalls. First I will wait to see what the new pptriode dyna70 modrod and tube preamp will do. Then I might seriously consider trying the ALK crossover. That combo might just make those Cornwalls sing about as sweet as they are meant to sing.

The bi-amping will still be undertaken for some bass reflex boxes I am dreaming of constructing for my music studio in another building, the inspiration and guidence for which is coming from mdeneen's home built cabinets and bi-amping experiments.

Seems like I have heard mostly very positive reports in this forum about those crossovers used with the Cornwalls. Anyone specifically running tubes in triode outputs and the ALK crossovers with Cornwalls? Didn't someone mention the bass being somehow improved with these crossovers?

-crissed and crossed

------------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components

This message has been edited by Clipped and Shorn on 03-17-2002 at 03:47 AM