La Scala Center Channel (BIC Acoustech Platinum Series PL-28)

cutman0122

Does anyone have any real world experience with the BIC Acoustech Platinum Series PL-28 center speaker as far surround sound/tonal matching with the La Scalas? I've read that these particular BIC speaker line up was modeled comparably, and to compete specifically/aggressively against a certain Klipsch speaker line up. I've been trying for years to obtain an Academy or split LS for my center, but I just haven't had any luck. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you much!

Gerald

I can't answer your BIC question but I can tell you that I owned three Academy's and two LaScalas.

I was NEVER happy with the Academy as a center between my LaScalas. Simply could not keep up.

I'd urge you to put yourself at ease on not finding one for that purpose and count yourself more lucky than not. It's a fine speaker but just doesn't have the horsepower to keep up with the LaScalas.

Depending on your budget you could perhaps have a single split La Scala cabinet built and buy the parts for it.

Post on the Update and Mod section of the forum and some one may be able to help.

There are a lot of great people who build, update, and mod Klipsch speakers and they should be able to figure something out. Perhaps someone you can pay someone to build a single split LS cabinet and then you buy the parts and finish the job.