pizza anyone?

colterphoto1

My connection was really slow in downloading but Dr. Pizza said only a Papa Murphy's pizza will work.... gee I've got a pizza and grill cookbook that both have recipes for home made pizza on the grill. And real men grill on charcoal or wood. Gas - that's for the lazy (or maybe smart people given the cost of charcoal for the grilling season as opposed to gas).

And did he get into how to build the ultimate pizza "grill"? Like one's own wood fired Italian brick oven. Might be a bit cost prohibitive for most of us but I think I read some how to once where it didn't sound that difficult....

So P Thump grills or bakes up a pretty good pizza?

I stashed away our round cracked baking stone for such an endevor... and it's square replacement cracked in two places rather than just down the middle. Rarely leaves the oven so I suspect (doh!) one too many frozen pizzas on the hot baking stone.... One would think I'd have figured that out months ago.... Think the Tombstone, Red Baron, Reggios, Tony's, or even Kroger will buy me a new baking stone if I complain enough they didn't warn me about putting a frozen pizza on a hot baking stone.... I'm an idiot, can you please buy me a new baking stone.

Pizza crust isn't that hard to make. It's just the organization and waiting for the dough to rise that keeps me from doing it.

Sure looks yummy... now I've got to try it... Directions at www.papamurphys.com and one can also sign up to win one of 200 Traeger Lil' Tex wood pellet fired grills....

I think I've read somewhere the wood pellet grills work pretty well and they claim the wood pellets if not cheaper than charcoal are at least comparable. Might be a lot better depending on what holds them together.... I'm assuming they're sawdust compressed with a binder to hold them together? Or maybe just dampened sawdust compressed into pellets? No idea. Maybe I'll win a grill and find out.