Klipsch RF-63's and Harman Kardon HK3490

Nuggits

I'm currently running on a Harman Kardon AVR 146. (I will be purchasing both, an AVR 254 and will use the Pre-Outs on that amp for the HK3490) My plan is to use the 254 for 5 channel surround material (Movies, games, etc.) however will be using the Front L&R Pre-Outs for the HK3490 which will power the 63's.

What do you think of this plan? (No, the 146 does not have Pre-Outs, hence this is why I need to get both the 254, and the 3490)

Has anyone heard the 3490 and the RF-63's together? If so, how do they sound? How much better would the sound quality be with the 3490 vs. the AVR 146? (AVR 146 has 35wpc, the 3490 has 120wpc) I know it will be a very big jump, but, by how much would this sound better?

I had a HK3480 with a couple pairs of Klipsch (although not RF-63s) and thought it was a great match with Klipsch.

It would be an inexpensive way to get a lot more quality watts to your front speakers, which I'm sure you'll appreciate.

Instead of getting the 254, why don't you get a cheaper model and buy a nice 2ch amp? I'd go that way. When I say cheaper, I mean older. There are some great buys on Flagship HK receivers that are just a few years old. The AVR745 can be had for around 500 bucks and it will DEFINATELY power your entiere system. Or you can get a 7300, or you could even get a 347 for cheaper than a 254 and it 's a better unit. Good luck.