Will the S4i play music from any device?

fotomatt

Never mind, spoke to tech, heaphones will work.

I'm going to get the new iPhone, but not until my current t-mobile contract runs out in 6 months. But I need new headphones now for my 3rd generation iPod Nano. I want to get the S4i that will work on the iPhone for when I eventually get it, but only if I can listen to music on them with my Nano in the meantime. Obviously the mic and button remote won't work with the Nano, I just wasn't sure if there would be a reason the earbuds wouldn't also work.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Using it with my Blackberry Curve. Amazing bass and mid range. Just returned the Shure 210mpa. Bass was weak compared to the Klipsch. Just order some Comply tips but I don't think I'll be needing them anymore. Was experimenting with the fit and wearing them around the ear seems to be the most comfortable and excellent seal. Kudos to Klipsch and to those who reviewed this product.

sorry, but why not? Has this Phone a non-standard 4-pin ?

The new cell phone Sonyericsson W995 has an 4-pin 3.5 mm standard audio jack:

SE: "Share your music via the extra jack. Use any headphones with a standard-sized 3.5mm connector."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm using a Motorola RAZR2 V9m phone, which has only a micro USB jack. I can get an OEM micro USB-to-3.5mm adapter from Motorola, which apparently has the proprietary pin layout to suit the phone and will allow me to use better-quality earbuds than the very cheap Motorola pair with attached microphone.

What I'd like to know is whether the S4i will work properly with the V9m? I'm not worried about the volume control, although that would be useful. The ability to answer calls easily and to hear and be heard clearly are the main priorities, as well as being able to hear music better than with the OEM earbuds.

According to the Klipsch info page, the S4i units have an Apple chip in them, so I wonder if that limits their usability with other brands of phones?