CROSSOVER MODS FOR THE RC3. ANYONE DONE IT? OTHER OPTIONS FOR CC

Fast1

I modded the crossovers in my RF7s years ago and loved the changes I made. I never did anything with the RC3 because I planned to upgrade to the RC7 but I have been looking for some time for one and everyone is either too proud of them or using them. I have thought about modding my crossovers in the RC3 to see if that helps me in the short term. The smaller package could help for now and I could get a 7 later. My mods would be to replace all elcheapo components with quality components of the same values so no tweaks there.

I am thinking about other options for a center channel. I have heard of people using an RF7 as a center. Not opposed to that but understand the RC7 has pretty much a 3 way crossover to improve dialog. Maybe there are other options out there? I think there is a KLF-7or something that is similar but don;t know much about it.

My largest complaint with the RC3 is "sound in a box". Not open at all and dialog is hard to understand. Comparing to my modded 7s, there is not comparison so timbre match is totally out. I find myself turning up the volume just to hear what is said, then being scolded for doing so.

You shouldn't have too big of a problem finding an RC-7, gotta keep looking.

I wouldn't spend money on modifying your RC-3. Take what you would spend modding the RC-3 and the money you can get for selling it and put towards an RC-7.

KLF-C7 would be an upgrade from your RC-3 but its not really in the same league as the RC-7.

If you have the room for and inclination to run another RF-7 that would actually be the best matching center speaker you could get.

If you search the Wichita, Kansas craigslist there's someone selling RF-7s and an RC-7!