Recommended control setting for SUB-12.

lardo

I'm currently using a SUB-12 in my rectangle room (Dimension 10 feet by 18 feet). Does it overkill to install another SUB-12 in that room? If not, what is the recommended control setting for the two subs? Phase? Gain? Lowpass?

Thanks in advance for your help...

Welcome to the wonderful world of big ole horns. Please post your system information in your profile so the thoughtful and considerate posters here can give you relevant and valuable answers.

Are you going for the intimate, natural 3D studio sound or more of the rock concert/movie theater experience?

Budget?

Room size?

Room shape?

Corners available?

Primary music or movies?

What percent music or movies?

Prefer extra bass punch or flat accuracy?

Multi or dual channel?

What kind of music?

How loud?

Other planned additions or upgrades?

Own or rent (can you install in walls)?

Tweaking audiophile – handy, willing to DIY?

Prefer new or used?

And some personal background:

How long you have been a Klipsch fan?

How did you find out about Klipsch?

What else have you tried?

With my big ole horns, I dial my subs up to the point where I just barely hear them when I am standing next to them, this seems to work best to add the strength I like to the deepest bass, but it varies from listening to music or movies (I like a lot more depth and volume for action movies)

10 by 18 is small and narrow, probably get some serious bass sucking modes, you might be better off with some heavy duty RealTrap acoustic panels instead; they will even out the bass sucking modes, the mid-range and the treble

Generally this is what is recommended:

Phase at 0

Gain at 10-11 o'clock position

Crossver as high as it can go (120-150Hz)

On your receiver, set the subwoofer crossover to 80Hz.

Two subs would not be overkill for your room. I would start by setting both of their phase controls to 0 and then adjust one of them to 180. Whichever position produces the most bass at your main listening position is the one you want to choose. If they positions sound the same, leave them both at 0.

Indeed, I'm a big fan of rock music with solid punch not distortion. I had a deal yesterday and I purchased my second SUB12. So, I also updated my profile to include my current home-theater equipments that I bought last year. I'm very pleased so far but when I'm watching BluRay rock concert, I found that I would like more punch. My room is pratically fully isolated with no vibration. (so far).

On a side note, I'm also watching a lot of action movies and Sci-Fi.