Where to go for Fisher 800C restoration?

marting

I just had a thought this morning (I know, dangerous). My birthday is coming up next month and I know my wife is going to ask me what I want. I always have a hard time with that question. But I could ask her to have the 800c that's sitting in the closet restored. I realize of course that it might take longer than a month for the work to be done. I can be patient. What are my options? I haven't looked into this recently so I don't know who's still doing this kind of work.

There was Mike Zuccaro who people used to refer to. Google around. There is the possible issue of receiver alignment, not sure if Craig gets into that, you may want to ask him. Vaccum Tube Valley is a good source also, I used some of their print-outs to do some basic work on mine, changing out the selenium rectifier and some other simple mods. In the process I discovered that one of my output transformers was bad, luckily finding a good used one on eBay to make a replacement. Beyond that and replacing tubes I wouldn't recommend getting into it unless you want a diy adventure with soldering, guess you already made that decision...

C&S

-Cleaning and Soldering

I would second the recommendation for Craig at NOSValves.com. He does excellent work on amplifiers.

He's busy, but you can track your gear in his cue and when it's done it will be very good work.

I've occasionaly used other folks, but with inconsistent results.