I think you should all see this site.

I have a set of ProMedia 4.1s on order at the moment and I have been doing a LOT of reading around. I have found that most reviews give the product a huge thumbs up, which I'm not too happy with. I'd prefer much more critical reviews, which is why I have turned to the people who own the speakers for some better info. Well most of what I'm getting back is that there's power/heat issues with the amp, being expressed by many. I'd just like to point out that an Australian site has covered this problem in quite a lengthy review and here is the address:

http://www.pcfusion.com.au/articles/defective-4.1/

I'd also like to point out to all those thinking of buying Z-560s should also be very wary of the problem with the amp trying to draw too much current and thus causing similar blow-outs and failures. Read all about it at the Z-560 forums.

Also I'd like to mention Audry's message in the 'KLIPSCH what a dissapointment' thread - about the cheaper parts and overseas labour. If this has reduced the cost of the Klipsch speakers in exchange for reliability, then how reliable will the US$100 cheaper Z-560s be? At 2/3 the cost, and the same specs, I wouldn't trust them. At least Klipsch know how to make OTHER good products (if you think the ProMedia's aren't so great).

So, If you think you'll get away from reliability problems by returning your Klipsch's for Z-560s, from what I have read and gathered, I say you should think again. For those of you who recommend better products, I think thats wonderful, but I simply don't have enough money, and I know for sure that 95% of my friends (who aren't exactly poor) don't even have enough money for the Promedia 4.1s.

For the money, I think they are a great buy, even if I DO have to use my warranty to get a second or third set before I end up with a good one.

------------------

--------------------

As I lay in bed at night, I gaze up at the sparkling stars in the sky and wonder, "Where the **** has my roof gone???"

Im a bit unhappy that the guy who wrote that article didn't mention me personally. Sheesh, even Amy got a mention! What about BigBusa? I though I was a staple around here? What about BigBusa?

title.jpg

This message has been edited by BigBusa on 03-05-2002 at 10:47 PM

then read this page of the site Biggrin.gif

http://www.pcfusion.com.au/reviews/klipsch-4.1/page8.shtml

------------------

-justin

ProMedia 5.1 Tech Help

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I am looking at the page(s) listed above and came across something that made me laff a bit. It's the Australian guy making a statement, here it is....

" A very small amount of ProMedia 4.1 units have been reported to be defective. First reports were 25% but now numbers are down to as low as 15 out of 50 units which is indeed a very small amount. " Well, if I do my math correctly 15 is 30% of 50 so the problem is even worse than "First reports" as he coined it. TeeHee, one must do a great deal of research to make a good review, I suggest this fellow look at the whole article before posting. Just my two cents. I'm a bit disheartened that my Pro's now 8 months old have died out on me but I have faith that Klipsch will hook me up as far as warranty is concerned. I am dissapointed however that I may have to pay shipping. My RCA dvd player died and through the warranty RCA paid shipping for me and the dvd player was 6 months old. I don't like paying to fix something that is under warranty that I paid 500 and change for here in Canada. Kind of crappy really. Maybe they can do something for me to alleviate that.

------------------

Don't count on me, to let you know when.....

Don't count on me, I'll do it again.

Don't count on me, it's the point you're missing.

Don't count on me, cause I'm not listening.

Justin,

"Klipsch have a very strong following around the world with an impressive 7600 members on their forum (at time of publishing) who are from all around the world and with many active members having close to thousands of posts."

You should demand justice!

You have over 5000 posts!And Boa over 3000,Seb over 2000 and I am close to 2000!

Justice we want justice

LOL

TheEAR(s) Now theears