spike feet for 1980 cornwalls on carpeted floors?

Anyone added spiked feet to cornwalls on carpeted floors?

Did it make an improvement?

Were the feet added to the risers or speaker enclosure?

Thanks for any feedback.

Not an answer, just some thoughts.

I must think that spikes on carpet would do whatever they do as long as they are long enough to penetrate the carpet. But speaker placement? To position a unit as large as a CW, one would need to pick it strait up, twist, and drop it. Perhaps many times to get the toe-in just right. The speaker would never slide. It would take two men and a boy to move it.

If you do this, let me know if it's worth it.

Where in AR. do you live?

tc

Guest David H

Another thought, many have reported better bass without the stands. Combined with spiked feet may be a winner. Parts express has a nice selection of spiked feet to choose from.

I have spikes on the bottom of my Cornwalls. I think it may have helped a bit, at least it got them off the floor. They are heavy, but two arms around the back and a gentle solid lift will move them. It would be easier with two people, but can be done by one. I might suggest putting some tape down on the floor if you are fine tuning them (moving them an inch or less at a time). A bit more difficult to move, but they stay in one place and sound good. Don't forget the fine tuning, a small movement away from or towards the wall does make a difference. My friend who isn't an audiophile, was able to her the difference with her own ears when I had to move the speakers slightly after getting a new cd player.

I've been adjusting the toe-in of my '80 CWs and more recently my '79s for almost 30 years with no help. Not an issue.

As far as spikes, I don't think they are necessary if you already have risers and I don't think you will hear much difference. Maybe a hair less bass which can be done with tone cotrols if you have them. Like Dflip stated above, placement is everything. Distance from walls, corners and toe-in can make HUGE improvements in imaging, bass, soundstage, etc., much more than spikes IMO.