Home Theater Questions

Klipsch Freak 2009

Hi I am going to get a Home Theater Very soon the speakers I will be using are below

1.Klipsch Icon Tripple 5-1/4” 2 Way Floor Floorstanding Speaker Espresso

Model:WF-35

Connectors:Binding Post

2.Klipsch Icon Dual 4-1/2” 2 Way Center Channel Speaker Espresso

Model:WC-24

Connectors:Binding Post

3.Klipsch Reference 5-1/4” Surround Sound Speaker

Model: RS-52

Connectors:Connectors:Binding Post

4.Klipsch 12” 650W Powered Sub Woofer

Model:SUB-12

Connectors:Connectors:Connectors:Binding Post

I have one question about the Klipsch RS-52's though since my living room has no side walls can the Klipisch RS 52's at least for the side surround sounds be hung from the ceilling and aimed toward the sofa,the Rear Surrounds will be mounted on the back wall and will also be Kiplsch RS-52's, I have been looking at ceiling mounts for the RS-52's and have only found this product based on the specs of the RS-52's I think this mount should be able to hold them here is the product link http://www.beachaudio.com/Omnimount/20ceilingblack-p-13432.html?osCsid=df6qf71uvla6gom79dvmtd6292 for the mount so any advice you can share will help me very much thanks

I had the pleasure to hear this system..............good bang for the Buck.

But why not just get the WS 24's that go with that system.......

Please don't tell me that B/B DID NOT have them................

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/wf-35-home-theater-overview/

Experts will comment on the hanging of the surrounds...............

Enjoy and Post some Pictures !

Good ...............Gifts are good..............just curious. I thoght maybe B/B was up to there usual Crap about now stocking all the componets that go with a "System".....................

Whew..............Now I feel better.

Enjoy.

I think that as long as you screw into a Stud...(Don't go there)...........you should not have any problems................JMHO.

Directly hanging wall-mount speakers from the ceiling is generally not advised. The hardware and cabinet are not designed for that type of downward force and you risk pulling the hardware out, damaging the cabinet and, oh by the way, possibly injuring whoever is under them. If that is your only choice, you would be safer off putting some type of safety harness around them and using that to suspend them from the ceiling.

It doesn't have anything to do with volume levels. It has to do with the fact that the speakers themselves are not reinforced enough where you would be connecting the wall-mount.

Trey Cannon, forum moderator and Klipsch employee had this to say about mounting RS-42s on the ceiling:

"NEVER mount a wall hanging speaker on the ceiling! The cabinet is not built to hold the weight of the speaker mounted like that.

The "Key hole" mounts are only screwed into the MDF back with wood screws. They could pull out and fall.

Then you have the key hole mounts, you can never get them tight enough to be sure they will not move off the screws.

IF you want to have a speaker fall and maybe hit some one or thing, hang them on the ceiling."

If your couch is sitting directly against the back wall like is shown in the pic I wouldn't recommend any rear surrounds. The only way you'd be able to use them is to go with in-wall or in-ceiling speakers which wouldn't be recommended by too many on here.

• Moderators

If your couch is sitting directly against the back wall like is shown in the pic I wouldn't recommend any rear surrounds.

I am under the impression that there are no sides nor back wall by the couch. Maybe we need some clarification on that. The image you provided makes it seem like there are three walls around the couch.

I think you'll still be too close for rear speakers. RS-42s or 52s to your side will probably be more than adequate.

Can you please PM Me Or Post the links to the speaker stand Products that will work with Klipsch RS-52 Speakers so I can place them at the sides of my sofa ?

I have done a lot of searching and can't find any

Thanks

If I Need A Product as high as 30" can I use this one then?

Here Is The Link http://www.speakerstandsonline.com/ST-30-B-less-than-Bgreater-than-PT0108.html

And here is a link to the second product http://www.speakerstandsonline.com/VTI-RF-VI1049.html can this one be used also this one comes in a 36" size also.

If I can use the product above how would I go about putting the speaker on it do Klipsch RS-52s have mounting holes on the bottom?

Is This Product Above Ear Level?

• Moderators

I think I found the perfect product for klipsch RS-52's can you look at the product and tell me if it would work it extends to 6"

Here Is the link http://www.simaproducts.com/products/product_detail.php?product_id=646

That type of speaker stand is designed for Pro Speakers, like what you would find in a church, outside event or wedding DJ. Those type speakers have a hole in the bottom that the top post of the speaker stand slides into. Won't work with the Klipsch Reference Series.

The other two you list in the above post will work as far as far as supporting the RS-62's but even at 36" they will be at ear level. This might be your only option though. Most speakers stands are made for bookshelf speakers to get them off the floor and close to ear level. I've never seen speaker stands that are meant to be used for rear speakers that are elevated above the listening position.