Mobile Guess what I got !!!

NOSValves

Linkage

So please send me a link to your sight about the HF-81 site. So I can read up.

Also do you have a schematic and any other Info I could get from you Please !!!!!!!

The shootout now will begin !!! Scott versus EICO .

First round already went to Scott I've bought 2 and new tubes fixed them both no soldering required LOL !!!!

Of coarse I paid about $75 more for them.

Hey, congrats. I'm hoping to pick one up in the coming weeks. Help me with the learning curve, will 'ya?

Maybe we could set up a HF-81 reconditioning center, with Kelly as the QC Manager?

Any votes on that one?

------------------

If you don't like what is coming out, you wouldn't like what is going in." -PWK-

---------------------

TWO-CHANNEL SYSTEM

AES AE-25 "Superamp"

AES AE-3 Pre-amp

New Tube 4000 CD Player

1976 Klipschorns (ALK'ed)

HOME THEATER

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Keep us informed ...I got one on ebay for $105. about a month ago and just have not had time to work on it or even hook it up. Maybe after the Curling season ends.(no jokes -I am up to my eyeballs in curling jokes - but the Olympics have produced a lot of new member inquires - look its no more ridiculous than golf or bowling}.

------------------

Soundog's HT Systems

Soundog

I didn't know you had scored one. I must of missed that listing. What kind of shape was the unit in for $105. I thought I was getting a deal at $125.

Chris Robinson

I;m sure the forum will be live with reports of progress as I go and hopfully you too !!

I have to stop this Smile.gif I've bought 3 amps and a Tube tuner since the year began. Luckily the first 2 Scott's have been in excellant shape. Just needed some tubes. I will most likely recap them pretty soon just to say I did it.

Check out the signature below. Go to Alternate components and the HF-81 link will be at the bottom of the HF-81 description. This will bring you to a sorry review I started a long time ago and never really finished (let me add that to the pages half completed list). The wiring shot under Tweaks gives you an idea of what to expect along with some pointers. I will post the schematic as well or you can go to the EICO home page in the links section. I have two HF-81 and one DOES indeed sound better than the other but both have the same basic soul.

I wish you luck on your new HF-81. As I said, it is a crap shoot, and sometimes you get very lucky. If your unit has some problems, I am sure help will be in the way in various places. The Scott's might sound sujectively more powerful but when hooked up to a really nice system, the EICO will reveal the differences. Hope you get it going.

kh

Phono Linn LP-12 Vahalla / Linn Basic Plus / Sumiko Blue Point

CD Player Rega Planet

Preamp Cary Audio SLP-70 w/Phono Modified

Amplifier Welborne Labs 2A3 Moondog Monoblocks

Cable DIYCable Superlative / Twisted Cross Connect

Speaker 1977 Klipsch Cornwall I w/Alnico & Type B Crossover

system one online / alternate components / Asylum Listing f>s>

This message has been edited by mobile homeless on 03-02-2002 at 06:20 AM