Background hiss using power amp

psg

Yup.

What is the difference between the QSC lines PLX and RMX. There's a PLX 2402 in the Garage sale section and a RMX 1850 HD almost locally (in Canada) for about the same price, not that I really need an amplifier.

For home audio with QSC you want to stick with the PLX line. This information is also given from Bob Lee, an engineer for QSC.

Many people use the RMX line as well like me(RMX1850HD) and no problem at all in home environement,many people use the cheap Behringer EP2500 that is suppose to be a cheaper ripoff of the RMX2450 without problem. I also own a QSC MX3000A for my subs,a QSC 1080, a QSC USA370 bridged for my center channel,2 Bryston's 4B and a Crown XLS402B no issue. IF you check at QSC forum you will also find that Bob said the RMX should sound really close to the PLX serie, yes the PLX are really nice but i would never say do not buy the RMX,MX and USA line are really good and tough amps.

The main problem is the noise comming from the fan that can easily fix with a low noise fan installation[:D].

Peter,

I am planning to sell my QSC PLX 1202 and get a Crown K2. I installed a quiet fan in it so you cannot hear any fan noise anymore. If you are interested let me know.

Kudret

Thanks, I shouldn't really be buying an amp. I was also looking at the Monster because of the very low price it was offered to me. The 2402 are fairly cheap too in the used market and have 425 W per channel into 8 ohms. Hmm. PM me a price on your 1202 if you want, and I'll see if I am tempted (you never know). No hiss on yours? Just gotta get the Crown because it's out there, don't you!?