How do I hook up a KP-302?

captmobley

The LF is probably an output to another cabinet. Check the labeling carefully.

Some Klipsch pro cabinets were designed with a user-modifiable crossover in which two RED wires could be cut which would make the speaker bi-amp ready. This is about the only case where there would be real separate inputs for the HF and LF sections of the cabinet. Otherwise they are generally wired in parallel meaning that either jack could be used to send signal through the crossover to the entire cabinet.

When in doubt, plug into the LF input and see if you don't get output from all speakers.

Michael

KP-302.pdf

here's the network diagram, this will be the key to how things are wired.

If in doubt, unscrew the input jack cup and see if two red wires are still connected or have been cut. My guess is that as a keyboard monitor he probably didn't go to the trouble to biamp the rig so the network is in it's full range configuration. In this case, just plug your receiver's output into EITHER 1/4" input and it should rock your world.

KP3002,302.pdf

I'd check the fuses also, the network shows that these were shipped with 20 amp fuses (basically no protection at all). I think you'd probably want to use 1 1/2 for the HF section and 3 amp for the LF section.

Please ask Amy to move this thread to the Commercial section if you'd be so kind.

Doc had some of these at U of I where he was house sound engineer and he really liked them.

Michael