K Horns and Cornwall for Sale

rondo

Yes, fini, it is tempting... actually there is another pair of K-horns on eBay that are also tempting... so having six Khorns, 3 Cornwalls, 1 Belle and an Academy... all matching and all fired by tubes worthy of mdeneen or mobile homeless... but built by Clipped & Shorn between jotting down his clever, trademark "-pureed & canapéd" prose... while fini tops off the glasses and BBQ's edible tubes... I guess I could bake some of authentic sourdough because being mistaken for a cash cow is not a mooving experience.

Naw, if I had all that, someone might mistake me for my hero, Q-man of Merritt Lake. And he would still be a herd of LaScalas ahead.

The problem with having resources is that nothing gets in the way of mad impulses. But, fini, I try not to get too far ahead of my learning curve... and I have to feel comfortable with what I have and getting the amps just right to enjoy switching between two channel, three channel or six channel sound... depending upon mood, music and party conditions.

Now, if they were close enough to drive over and pick them up... maybe, just maybe I'd reach for the brass ring... six Khorns and one 30" sonotube sub with four 15" custom drivers... it would be a bit more tempting.

No, actually, ever since mdeneen starting waxing ecstatic about what could be done to the motorhome... that has caught my fancy. What a trip it would be to take off somewhere and be able to wine, dine and solder while be serenaded by a tube fired two channel custom Klipsch...

cwm40.gifI sure am tempted to end this with one of those clever Clipped & Shorn bits... but I think they are better left to the art classy solderist/desolderist himself.cwm36.gif HornEd

This equipment collecting and gathering tendency ("bug" if you like") is contagious and we all have it at our respective levels. fini and I both noticed that at least mdeneen's house is neat and unlike ours is not starting to look like ye olde thrift store. Just when I was feeling a bit weird for wanting to build bass reflex cabinets like mdeneen's custom jobs even though I am not sure where to put them, I hear about your Klipsch collection and ongoing search for more...we should all meet sometime to trek down to the Hearst Castle....or if nothing else to sit down and watch Citizen Kane for the umpteenth time, but with sound coming through your big Khorns.

-rosed and budded

{....there are still some statues in Europe you haven't collected Mr. Kane.....}

The big question is, if you start a sentence with the word "fini", do you still not capitalize it?

-H.G. Bean

This message has been edited by Clipped and Shorn on 03-08-2002 at 02:57 AM

The resultant video I can envision will be of more universal interest than just this forum. First it was the "beats", then the "hippies", then whatever X.Y, and Zs and yuppies (not necessarily in that order) etc. This new movement of Klipschsters may be THE cultural breakthrough all over again, like the soup of the dejavu.

When we have perfected the best system with the best amp design and best speakers etc. we will turn it up as loud as we can and play the sound of one hand clapping through the brightest most transparent horns and we will blow down the walls of this new Babbledebrookyon which has got us all glued to the eBay tube instead of realizing that the whole point of all this technology is to finally have us wired together wirelessly as the One-Mind-Breath- Sound-Nothing is Everything is Nothing....chanting:

You-owe-me-my-moni-pad-na. Ommmmmm..

-Swami Snatchadamoolah

This message has been edited by Clipped and Shorn on 03-08-2002 at 08:42 PM

Coupé et Tondu: Mais si est-ce que vous commencez avec "fini" vous a ne le terminé pas déjà?

Ahh, mdeneen, methinks this mind has grown closer to CS's "Sarah & Dippidy" for though the "Merry Pranksters" remain the theme of an existing La Honda eatery... where, some say, Jerry Garcia's mind "altaring" licks now ethereally enchant the back patio. Nay, friends, I must pass on the initial "acid test"... but would toss my essence into the "vinicultural make-up" on the Napa side of the bridge... heading North like Eric "Big Daddy" Nord when the "beat generation" became contaminated by the world focus upon it... but not before sampling the depths of Coffee House Lost & Found... lost: innocence... found: creative writing. And suddenly the reality of it was gone in the blink of a Hungry Eye... and only twisted prose remain.

Yet fondly doth the mind conjure the rhythms and readings of that faded era... an up close and personal glow... like the up front classic Klipsch sound driven by "mdeneenified" tube amps in a vintage wine cellar... as fini handcranks his hornless-butt-wired Victrola Beat beat... as the muse descends the stairs to be rendered... clipped & shorn. And this son also rises to contemplate the pragmatism of worms in dead Ernest. Let the good times roll anon!

Without an amorous beginning (and a shot of fructose)... there can be no justifiable fini. -HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 03-08-2002 at 11:44 AM

HornEd has finally reached the summit having gone his own 'headstrong and heroic way seeking her out at the volcano's head, Among pack ice, or where the track had faded'......

This little subgroup is destined to get together soon to celebrate our mutual graduation, having gone through the mountain to the other side where the green sap of Spring is a-stir in the young wood......

-mooned and dogged

... with her heaving breast a-quiver, down by the shores of the Lake Wah-Dee-Do-Dah ..."

------------------

If you don't like what is coming out, you wouldn't like what is going in." -PWK-

---------------------

TWO-CHANNEL SYSTEM

AES AE-25 "Superamp"

AES AE-3 Pre-amp

New Tube 4000 CD Player

1976 Klipschorns (ALK'ed)

HOME THEATER

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Do I recognize some "Firesign Theater" Chris?

------------------

2 Channel System:

'78 Khorns w/ALK networks

Welborne Labs Moondog 2A3 amps

AES AE-3 Superpreamp DJH mods

McIntosh MCD 7007 CD

McIntosh MR-78 Tuner

DIYCable Twisted Cross Connects

DIYCable Superlatives (preamp/amp)

DH Labs Silver Pulse interconnects (sources/preamp)

f>

s>

Hi,

You guys all lost me... but back to the original post for a second...

Did anyone on this board snag these?? I was in contact with the seller and he said that if he didn't receive the payment by today (Monday) then he would let me know... and he hasn't let me know so I assume they are sold.

Question: How are the AlNiCo magnets different than current ones? Why are the "old" crossovers better and what is different about them??

Is there some primer type document out there (yes I'm a tad lazy) for vintage Klipsch speakers which explains the intricacies of each model? I was quite serious about getting these but after thinking about it a couple of days I came to realize that I have no idea what to look for in these old beauties. I would not be able to recognize a mod of any sort.

Thanks,

Mace