New to Klipsch and HD....Please help with setup

Morphine10

1st post so Hello [H]and thanks for the help. I appreciate all comments!

I am new to HD and surround sound and need techincal help setting up and connecting a system I just bought. (As a Firefighter Paramedic this isn't myspecialty, lol)

Yesterday I got what I think was a great deal (If you want, let me know what you think). Here's what my klipsch system came with for $375 off of Craigslist Orlando. I hooked up the reciever and all works excellent.

• (1) Yamaha HRT-5650
  • (2) SF-1's
  • (2) SS-1's
  • (1) Center (not sure but is from 2003) is not perfectly square
  • (1) 10" Subwofer

I also just purchased a 46XV645U Toshiba LCD TV ($850 from Neweg). My video is from an HDTV Cabble box (Brighthouse-no DVR) Right now I just have a HDMI from the cable box to my TV and would like to keep the HD signal to the TV.

I just got the Monster banana clips but if you can please advise on ....

1. What cable do I use for this system (50 ft or less to rear surrounds) 16G?
  2. How do I connect everything to get the best out of my system? (HDMI, Optical, S-video RCA?) lol I want to use it for mostly movies and music. I know the Reciever is older but I'd like to use it...If I have to I can purchase a new one, but would like to save money...**There are so many outputs and inputs that the manuals confused the heck out of me...
  3. Not necessary..but is there a way to connect my sirius sportster 4 to the system for listening? Love my sattelite music.

Thanks in advance for any input, I thought I was good with this stuff but I was wrong...

Hi,

and thanks for the welcome and reply!! I''ve wanted Klipsch for a long time now and am really happy I got the deal I did.

So I now understand the wire needs to be of a decent gauge and will order today.

The reciever HRT5650 does not have any HDMI jacks at all....and I don't know how to run it otherwise. How do I hook the reciever up so I get the best sound? The reciever has optical outs, RCA jacks in and out, and lots of other options... etc.., Do I run my cable box to the TV or do I run it to the reciever, or maybe to the TV and then run a cable from the TV to the reciever to get sound?

I guess what I'm saying is (Pretend you are a total noob) and all the stuff is sitting in front of you and you have no idea where to or how to run the wires (or what type of wires) or where to even start so that it all works. I've tried before and failed so I am asking the professional's, you all!

Thanks again

Welcome to the forum. I live in Kissimmee and would be willing to help you set up your system on Sunday(if my wife doesn't mind). I would suggest you get a receiver with hdmi connections. I found this on C-list and emailed the seller. Waiting for his/her response. If working properly this is a good deal.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/ele/1379901197.html

Send me a pm with phone# if interested in my help.

Bill