GWN Cornscalas

Mike Dubay

I would like to find some 2" compression drivers that go down to 300hz and cross them over at 350, but so far I've only found some that are about $500.00 and that's just too much to pay. Keep your eyes open for me if you happen to run across any reasonable drivers. Also let me know how your $35.00 drivers sound. I'll bring my K-55-V's with me if you want to do a comparison when your project is done. -Kevin

I also very interested in a head to head comparasion between K-55 and the DX-250's. I will have to have a modified cross over to account for the differences between the 8 ohm DX-250's and the 16 ohm K-55's.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest David H

Might want to keep the crossover frequency low, the DX-250 rolls off quickly afte 3k, here is a pic.

That being said, I am currently using a pair in my theater, and think they sound good.

post-24405-13819500196484_thumb.jpg

Guest David H

I will have to have a modified cross over to account for the differences between the 8 ohm DX-250's and the 16 ohm K-55's.

Also during my testing the DX-250 has signifigantly higher spl, you may want to build a constant impedance ALK type network so you can vary the squalker output level.

So painting and veneering weekend. Spent one day blacking out the interiors, fronts, backs, and bottoms. Used laytex flat. Second day was a long thrash, started at 7 am on a Sunday morning, and completed the veneering by 8:30 pm. You can see the two bass bin in the back ground with out their sound boards.

post-33301-13819500243168_thumb.jpg

Moved the top bass cabs to the basement for finishing. The part of wood working I dislike the most, applying finish. Went with a water based polyurethane. It has a very low odor, kind like a faint cigarette odor. What is nice is that it can be used indoors, in the basement, away from the shop dust in a controlled temperature. Here is the bass bin, with the painted sound board, and af ew coats of water based urethane. (a push pull 8714 project is in the back ground)

post-33301-13819500263006_thumb.jpg