Billboard

colterphoto1

Anybody going down to the Indy Jazz Fest at White River Gardens today? It's a beautiful sunny afternoon in Indy, not too hot, not to humid. Just right.

Here's the lineup:

IPS All -City Jazz Band 2-2:45 (public schools top jazz upstarts)

Bill Lancton Coalition 3:15- 4:15

Derrick Gardener and the Jazz Prophets 4:45- 5:45 (Derrick was amazing last night at the Freddie Hubbard Tribute)

Poncho Sanchez 6:15-7:30

Soulive 8-9:15

BRANFORD MARSALIS 9:45-11 pm

As the the billboard thread title, I'll be the guy in the pit taking photos for the Indy Jazz Fest, wearing my KLIPSCH GEAR, being a walking billboard. After all, Klipsch is a co-sponsor of the Jazz Fest, I'll just be giving them a little more ad space!

Hope to see you guys down there!

Michael

post-10755-1381950003577_thumb.jpg

It was an incredible day/night of jazz, I'll post down in commercial/backstage area. Photos and blog should be up on IndyJazzFest website sometime tomorrow. I'll have some images available later tonight. We got rained on during Branford's set. Basically it was like him playing to you in your living room. We were so close to the stage that really were hearing acoustic drums and sax. It was unbeliveable!

I'd never heard of Soulive but they were mind-bending funk/rock fusion. They have a new vocalist for the new album who is a mini James Brown I swear, and he went over and shared keyboard duties with the brother who plays that funky keyboard bass while wailing on Hammond B3 and Clavinet. Unbeliveable set!

M