Problem with Nak SR-3A Receiver

fini

I've been using this receiver at our house in Mt. Shasta for a couple years. This last weekend, it started exhibiting a disturbing behavior. After about 1/2 hour of play, both channels get scratchy and then drop volume. It's not completely gone, but way down (and still scratchy). My gut tells me it's a capacitor problem, but my gut has no formal electronic training. Any idea what's going on, and should I open her up and poke around? It's a nice receiver I'd like to revive, if it's not too expensive. Thank you, gurus!

Fini...I had a similar problem with one channel on a Nakamichi SR-2A...try Caig's DeoxIT on all the controls after unplugging and removing the top...make sure it's Caig's...I tried it with electronic cleaner first thinking it was nearly the same thing...worked for a couple hours then back to scratchy...after FINALLYbuying and using both DeoxIT and DeoxiIT Gold it has been fine for about 2 years so far...

I have since used the DeoxIT on all the older stuff and it seems to do the trick...good luck...Nakamichi STASIS is good stuff (I also have a TA-2A)

Bill