First time buying klipsch!! need some advice!

shadowfire

Hi everyone, so ive been looking around here and a few other places on what to buy for new 2.0 speakers for computers and after listening to klipsch next to polk audio at best buy im pretty much hooked on getting the klipsch haha. I was wondering what you guys recomend i should get, i heard the wb-14 bookshelves at bestbuy but since my budgets $500 im thinking of getting the Rb-61's. Im planing on adding a sub later and 3 more speakers for 5.1 i didnt think that just the 2 speakers would cost this much at firs haha. So what would you guy s recomend i should get to start off with? im planning on getting the sony str-Dh800 receiver to power them since i can get it pretty much free with the points on my sony credit card, i looked at the denon avr590 to but just didnt seem worth having to pay the extra for it. Thanks for any help!!! sorry if this seems kinda stupid im still new to this highend speakers stuff

Oh and im going to be conection this to my computer with an optical cable, its mostly gona be for music and maybe a few movies and games

RB-61s would be a good speaker to start with and build on in the future. Once you decide to upgrade to 5.1 you can either use them as your surrounds and get larger floorstanding speakers for the front such as the RF-62 along with the RC-62 center, or you can keep them as your front mains and get the matching RC-62 center speaker and another pair of RB-61s or a pair of RS-42s for surrounds.

A slight word of caution, most around here would agree that Sony + Klipsch isn't the greatest audio match. Sony's ES series seems to be a much better matchup however. This ES receiver at the Sony Outlet center might be one to consider and you could use your points on it:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665194261

Actually I recommend that you save your Sony Points.

Find a good HK or Denon Used receiver and some Klipsch through craigslist or the Bay........

Save your hard earned dollars.

I did this same type of setup with my computer.

30.00 receiver and some nice speakers. = 210.00.