New Home Cinema System

AndiTimer

Hello

this is my first posting here.

I wana setup a new configuration, i will use 5x RB-81 (3x front, 2x backsurround) and 2x RS-62. The three front loudspeaker will be integrated in a baffle wal.

The room is 6x3,5 m and 2,3m high. The homecinema will only use for movies, not for music.

Is the combination allright?

Thanks

Andi

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums Andi. The RB-81 has been regarded as an amazing bookshelf speaker, along with the RB-75. I think your plan looks great. Having three identical speakers up front is the most ideal setup that you can have. Wide dispersion (RS series) for the side surrounds and bookshelves for the rear. Are you going projection? If so, is your screen going to be acoustic transparent so that you can put the center behind it? The only thing you are missing is a good sub and for movies, you will definitely want one, even though you will have five 8" woofers in the RB-81's.

Hello Youthman,

thanks for your welcome.

Yes the screen is acoustic transparent and the center will be placed behind the screen (at 2/3 height of the screen). I will use two selfmade subwoofer (MB Quart PWE 352 Chassis) in the room with a Phonic XP-3000 (or XP-3100) an a Veldodyne SMS-1. That's the plan at the moment. I need passiv subwoofers for the baffle wall and the klipsch thx 2 ultra certified are too expansive for me (but they are great).

thanks

Andi

• Moderators

I'm not familiar with MB Quart's home audio but I know back in the day, they were winning all of the IASCA competitions for mids and highs. Very quality gear. Sounds like you have a great plan, now you just have to begin excecuting it. How long do you think it will take?

Try to have the front 3 speakers all at the same height if at all possible.

Sure, all 3 speakers at the same height.

How long do you think it will take?

Hm, that's a good question. First i have to finish he acoustic plan (firts reflections, reverberation ...) and same further details. But i hope until christmas, the most things are done. I hope so..

Andi