Enquiry about Centre speaker of my Quintet IV

Heyopenit

My Quintet IV centre speaker support sound frequency from 125Hz to 23kHz but my RW-10d subwoofer just support 120Hz highest frequency.....it seems that the sound between 120Hz to 125Hz of centre channel of 5.1 is lost in my speaker system??? Am I right?

as i search, many speaker system have certain Sound Hz overlapping between satellite and subwoofer....but mine seems have a gap between them now. Any setting I should do to address the problem??? or I should upgrade my centre speaker with lowest Hz at least 120Hz or a bit lower??? thx a lot!!!!!!

my system:

5.0 Klipsch Quintet IV

0.1 Klipsch RW-10d

Amp ONKYO 607

My Quintet IV centre speaker support sound frequency from 125Hz to 23kHz but my RW-10d subwoofer just support 120Hz highest frequency.....it seems that the sound between 120Hz to 125Hz of centre channel of 5.1 is lost in my speaker system??? Am I right?

The speakers cut off frequency isn't a brick wall. They still produce frequencies above or below that point but the output starts to diminish.

Welcome.............

I see they (Klipsch) have reeled in another person with the Quintets..............

Soon Grasshopper you will get the Up grade Bug..............(or is that the Home Improvement bug).............Must have Bigger Speakers !!

Enjoy............

The speakers cut off frequency isn't a brick wall. They still produce frequencies above or below that point but the output starts to diminish.

icic....but should I set the crossover frequency of the centre speaker in my AMP to 120Hz or 125Hz in order to have better performance????

p.s. the lowpass filter of the subwoofer is now set to max (i.e. 120Hz)

If you are able to set it to 125Hz I would set it there, but I don't think you'd honestly hear any difference between either the 125Hz or the 120Hz setting.

I've just checked...i cannot set the crossover frequency at 125Hz .. the next one after 120Hz is 150Hz ...

If I choose 150Hz, will it be better or worse?

1. If set 120Hz, I am afraid that the bass signal would harm my centre speaker as it's response frequence only between 125Hz to 23kHz

2.If set 150Hz, I am afraid that i wiould lost 120Hz to 150Hz sound as my subwoofer only response frequence at 120Hz or lower.

I dun know what I should set in order to get the best performance. I can't afford to buy better speaker at this moment.

Thx guys