Outdoor Speaker Recommendation

trapper9

I am looking for advice on which model of outdoor speakers would be best. I am currently using a set of La Scalas with a Small tube amp. I can utilize a large solid state or tube amp. I have a spare BAT Tube pre amp I can use. I want to get a set up that will get it on with plenty of bass as well. Thank You Robb

Are these going to be outdoors full time or are you willing to drag them in/out as needed?

The LaScalas sound pretty darn good outside, I'd suggest it's going to be very difficult to get anywhere near their level of sound with a bonafide 'outdoor' speaker (think of the speaker rock).

Are you looking for some live type sound or merely background music to create an atmosphere outside while sipping some tea and eating crumpets?

What's your budget? How big of space? Just how loud will you sometimes want it? Are you willing to drag the speaker inside/outside as needed?

I don't think Klipsch has too many speakers designed for the outdoors that will keep up with a LaScala so I think you will end up with some form of compromise before you're done.

There is one guy in Colorado who has a pair of Jubilees that he uses outdoors. I understand that they're under cover but otherwise, they are exposed to the elements. They are made of marine grade plywood and not the usual baltic type stuff the others are made of. He still brings them in during the winter time (off season & establishment is closed)

Not the least expensive way to do it but he's probably got the best of two worlds there.... fantastic sound and speakers (though large) that will handle more of mother nature than some of these others.