New to the forum..need good advice!

kgreen

hey ladies n gents...my name is kyle and i need some opinions/advices for my 5.1 setup!

first off, im building my first house and setup is in-walls. I have 2 8" mtx front speakers...5 1/4" center channel and 2 6 1/2" ceiling speakers also a 12" sunergy sub. So my problem is finding a good affordable receiver (preferably from best buy cause i have a friend that works there) that i can get the most kick from my sub! Basically whatever the best bang for the buck...it can be 5.1 or 7.1 and have multi-room capabilities! i was looking at the pioneer vsx 1019...suggestions?comments?

Thanks in advance!

Pioneer seems to have a very good reputation on here. A receiver doesn't determine the kick from a sub as much as the sub itself does. Fortunately the Sub-12 is a very, very good sub so any receiver will be fine.

Welcome to the forums!

hey wuzzzer i appreciate you taking the time to reply. i think i will go with the Pioneer but do u have any other suggestions perhaps? I also like it because my IPOD is my main music source so the GUI really makes me happy! Thank you for the welcome...glad to be here!

I just bought the Pio 1019 and I have to say I really love this receiver! Like you said, the GUI, IPod connection, 7.1, and multi room functions are all great! It sounds awesome and it was for such a great price at Best Buy. I think you would really enjoy it. So far, I am!

Yea, I had read a few different complaints about that with this receiver and was a little worried. To me it sounds great. In fact, I might have to go back and turn the sub down a little bit. It seems to be just a little too much. I ran the auto calibration and then increased my crossover setting just a little higher than it set them. I am not sure if that helped or not, but it all sounds great to me right now! One thing that I found surprising was that it set all my speakers to small except my front two mains. It set those to large. I tried them that way and thought it sounded perfect. When I set them to small, it seemed to take something away. So I have them set back to large and am really happy with it. If you do get it, I would suggest you use the auto calibration and then just tweak it a little bit to see what sounds best to you. You can save multiple calibrations if you want to go back to something that sounded really good.

I should say though that all of my listening has been with movies. I have not really listened to the sub with music yet. I tested out the ipod connection earlier just to make sure it worked. That was well before I ever calibrated so I didn't pay much attention to how it sounded.

yea the music is jus as important to me as the movies but im sure it will sound good. also, my sub will be on tile..any suggestions what i should put underneath to stop the vibrations?

I just wanted to say that I tested out some music finally and I think I found out where the rumors about the sub are coming from. At first, the sub did not even turn on. The fronts were handling all the bass. I went back in and changed my settings to the front two to small and also raised up the crossover a little more. This caused the sub to kick in, but not very much. So I went back into the settings and increased the db to the sub just a little and this really helped. After a little more tweaking, I got the sub to sound good for both music and movies. So, it does take a little more messing around with then I first thought. But you can tweak it however you want to get it to sound good.