Blown Heresy tweeter, help!

New diaphragms are available from Klipsch. Call tech support. Assuming you have a K-77 or K-77-M you ought to be able to get an EV T35A diaphragm from just about any speaker repair shop or EV pro dealer, and much cheaper than Klipsch. Don't know about sources in Mexico. But here are some in the U.S.A.:

http://www.simplyspeakers.com/12diaphragms.htm

http://www.speakerrepair.com/ocsdiaphragms.html

Don't know if they ship to Mexico.

Manuel,

I dont do high frequency SPL tests,I know a few who ended in wasted tweeters.

Next time go easy with the volume,some very high freq.you dont find loud and this is when you pump up the volume and ZIP the tweeters goes.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Assuming you can solder, you should be able to replace a diaphragm fairly easily. It is pretty much self aligning. Main thing to keep in mind is to be very careful with the diaphragm when handling and inserting in the magnet assembly. The voice coil is very fragile and easily damaged. If it is bent, it will rub or jam in the gap, and you will be right back where you started.

Same diaphragm goes in T35, T35A, T350, K77 and K77-M. K77 and K77-M are just Klipsch branded T35As.

Malcolm, a last question. I was about to order the diaphragm yesterday, and then I doubted. Is this piece the only thing that can be broken in my tweeter?

I think the tweeter is just the diaphgram and the voice coil, but I don't want to do it wrong, specially since I will order via Internet all the way to Mexico...

Thanks!

There is only one part to replace. The diaphragm, the voice coil, and the wires that connect to the terminals are one piece. There is paper spacer/washer that you will need to re-use. So make sure you remove it from the old diaphragm if it sticks. That is about all there is to it. Good luck!