KP-456HF & KP450LF opinions

Riot260

Dear Sir

I own 8 fo them and both versions are fantastic for many different audio needs. The k-60 Driver in the 450 version is no longer avail from klipsch, but is really an EV-DH-1506 driver and diaph replacements are obtainable from reconers like myself or from EV. The 456 version uses the 1123 driver in the HF. The 90 deg.Horizontal HF makes the system very intelligable way offaxis. The LF is really a medium throw box so don' t try to use it for any long throw apps. BUT !! take the Hi horn off both cabs and push the Low cabs together and put the Hi horns on top of thr 2 low cabs in the middle one on top of the other and HOLD ON !!!!!

If you need more info you can call me @ 978-343-9343 God luck and if you don' t want them let me know I might.

Thank you Joey B KP600

What would you offer for them?

The price tag on them says $699.00each stack: HF&LF

I feel like I could get them for $1000 or less just wondering if it is worth it. I run Hereseys with a powered 12" sub now and am very pleased with the goose bumps I get when the volume hits 0db.

My best friend has a system with K-horns front main LR and Cornwalls for surround LR and LR back surround. I drool every time I see them.

Is $1k/pair a fair price or are they something I shouldn't let pass by? With Hereseys at $1600/pair new and K horns $8k/pair new I just wonder?

Also the 15s have individual inputs as do the horns... are they alright in parallel L&R.

From my reading the 450 LF cabs only handle 300 watts compared to the 456LF cabs that handle 800watts guess I'll still need my sub.

I'd love to buy them regardless; any insight on how to get the price bumped down further.......ie: "but they only handle 300watts LF and 65 watts HF?"

Any other thoughts??? Should I try to buy just the KP-456 HF horns,.....if I could talk them into spliting them up? Thank you!!! I almost had them for $699 a pair Friday but they got wise when they started to ring them up......... separate item numbers.

I just don't want to be kicking myself in the rear later wishing I had bought them.

Well, don't worry about the ratings (wattage) on the cabinets. For the money you are looking at, you might want to listen to a pair of used Cornwalls and see how you like them. They would be a step up from the Heresies.

For a bit more money, Klipschorns (used) could be yours. They require good corners, but you have heard them at your friend's house, did you like the sound?

Good Luck,

-Tom

Dear Sir;

Tom is correct for the money a used pair of Cornwalls is a great choice. If you could find a used pair of Klipsch CP-1s they were the pro version of the Cornwalls, hence (CP-1, Cornwall pro-1 ) these were one of the flatest speskers that Klipsch ever produced. I still like the 450s and 456s if you can stand the pro look in your house! Don' t let only 300 watts input scare you. The only speaker that comes even close to this model is the EAW FR 253 which has 2x15 in lows, 2x 8" low mids and a 1" high horn. Its specs were 129 1/2 db out for 600 watts in--- The klipsch was 129 1/2 db out for 300 watts in. a ton more efficent. Also the Klipsch was 2 way and less interaction between drivers.

If you call me @ 978-343-9343 I will explian how the passive crossover network worked in this system. There is a network in the hi cab and also in the low.

Good luck Joey B KP600