Sold my Bose 401s today

wuzzzer

Bought them 15 years ago from Dayton's when they still existed and had electronics. I think i paid around $500 for them.

Had them in all 4 places I've ever lived. Used them to DJ several wedding, anniversary and graduation party dances. They took every watt thrown at them.

Ended up selling them for $75 on craigslist to a local lady who is going to use them in her garage where she does a lot of crafting.

When I demoed them for her I was reminded of just how much of an upgrade my Klipsch are. The Bose had decent midrange and mid-bass but deep bass and detailed treble just wasn't there.

I'll miss the 401s but I have to say I'm very happy with what I have.

Were the Bose your first speaker purchase? Sounds like they went to a good home anyway..

Sort of. They were my first "nice" speaker purchase. I had a pair of Jensen speakers prior to that. I was 18-19 years old when I bought the 401s and they took a good chunk of my money at the time.

I was sort of sad to see them go but they hadn't been hooked up in months and were just sitting around collecting dust.

Sort of. They were my first "nice" speaker purchase. I had a pair of Jensen speakers prior to that. I was 18-19 years old when I bought the 401s and they took a good chunk of my money at the time.

I was sort of sad to see them go but they hadn't been hooked up in months and were just sitting around collecting dust.

At least you got plenty of milage out of those things before going to the Klipsch.

At least somebody else will get to enjoy them. At least if they have to get Bose, they got the "good" Bose, and for a good price (not the for the rediculis markup if they bought the current versions brand-new, plus those 401s are probably way better than any of those little cube setups anyway).