Need help from the subwoofer experts

Rudy81

I'm hoping to find a solution to a problem i have created for myself. I have used an SVS 20-39 pc+ for years in my HT and listening room. I used it for both movies and 2ch. I always yearned for a better music sub, like the RSW-15. I just picked one up, brand new, never opened.

I have been comparing the two for the last few days and realize that I like the musicality and precision of the RSW-15 for music, but it leaves me wanting in the movie effects arena. The SVS kills the RSW in the movie sound.

My question, is what to do? I originally planned on selling the SVS, but am now questioning that option. My current thought is to keep them both. Seems like somwhat of a waste of available funds to me.

My current plan is to have the subs on an RCA switch and select one or the other depending on source material.

If you can get your hands on an SVS Ultra you won't regret it. I used to have two of them and it was bigtime overkill in my small basement theater. I ended up selling one of them to free up some money when I bought my new TV and I still have tons of output for music and movies.

I used to have an SVS 16-46 PC+ and it was rotten for music and unbelievable for home theater. Your 20-39 is probably only marginally better than the 16-46 when it comes to music.

Another suggestion would be to sell the RSW-15 and get an Hsu MBM-12. I used one with my 16-46 and it was an awesome combo. I only got rid of it because the Ultra gave a ton more mid-bass slam that the 16-46 never could.