Time Frame TF 350 speakers

fini

Well, you really never know what you're going to run into at the ol' thrift shop. Yesterday's curiosity was a pair of these speakers, made by DCM, in Ann Arbor, MI. Odd looking towers, with grille cloth all around. I don't know the terminology for this kind of speaker. It didn't look like the grille came off (easily), so I'm not sure what"s inside. Here's DCM's website:

http://www.dcmspeakers.com/

If you click on the Archive, you can find the Instruction manual for the TF 350. Since the current line-up of DCM speakers is available at Circuit City, I'm guessing the TF 350's may not be worthy of fini's speaker museum, but I didn't listen to 'em. Here's a current pair on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1335837836

Did any of these speakers make it out of Michigan?

fini

Fini - A friend of mine had a pair of these (or were they Time Windows - Frames, Windows, Sliding Doors; who can keep them straight?) in the mid-80's. They sounded nice, but to me didn't have the clarity and openness of my beloved Klipsch. They remind me, in their appearance, of some Vandersteen and Def Tech designs, with a grill wrapped all the way around them.

If it were me, I would give the museum floorspace to something more special...

Doug

------------------

My System

This message has been edited by dougdrake2 on 03-07-2002 at 10:36 AM

No, I didn't get 'em. I might change my mind though, after I talk to my cat.

The AR's might still be available. Even if I had to do some re-surround work, and a bit of veneer touch-up, it still could be worth it (speaking here of ebay resale value ). I did check the links that Keith pointed me towards, but I had no idea they'd go for so much. I was thinking, maybe 400-500, but over 1500? WOW!

Well, I'm off to volunteer at the kid's school: take a cake in, work in the library, decorate the MU for the spaghetti feed...hope I don't break a nail!

fini