Polk 800i v KlipschRF3 II

zandern

Ok I am a college student with limited budgets. I am getting into audio equipment thought. I have a Denon 2802 receiver with a Infinity hps 250 subwoofer so I have enough power and bass. I am debating between the Polk Audio 800i's and the Klipsch RF3 II's. I can get the Polk's for a little cheaper, but I am willing to pay for the Klipsch. Any advice would help. This would also affect which center channel I get too because I want it to match the towers.

PolkAudio RT800i are great speakers for the money,I see nothing wrong with these.Good bass,nice midrange and quite detailed upper range.Construction is good too.

The Klipsch RF-3II is a another animal.Its in your face,has very punchy bass,and projected mids and highs.Built and drivers are of good quality and it can often be found at good prices.

Its a matter of taste,I prefer the Klipsch you may too,or you may like the PolkAudio sound better.Just listen to both side by side and you will know.

Its not like you are asking me if PolkAudio is better or Dynaudio is better.The answer would be very simple

Know the Klipsch will play LOUD with afew watts,the PolkAudio need many times more amplifier power to play at the same level.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I have the Klipsch KSF 10.5s - similar to the RF3 series. I have a KSF c-5 center channel which is similar to the RC3. I have a bedroom system with Polk Audio speakers (I got a lot of Circuit City gift cards for Christmas). Polk is not a bad speaker. However, The Klipsch offers much more clarity and efficiency.

I would recommend getting the Klipsch.