Crites Upgrade / KG4

Rivernuggets

Klipsch will pretty much last forever. Bob's crossovers will bring everything back to factory spec with a few upgrades thrown into the mix as well. If titanium diaphragms are available for your KG4s definitely consider them too. I found them to make a much more noticeable difference in sound than replacing the crossover networks did. Smoothed out the highs, gave them more 'sizzle' and really brought the top end to life in my Forte IIs.

Thanks for your feedback and advice wuzzzer. Once I get some more 'mad money' I may change to the titanium diaphragms. I can ask him directly, BUT, since you're here....Does Crites send them to me and I replace them myself?

Totally unrelated, but what brought you to purchase your pro gear Samson S1000? What is it's output at 8 ohms? I've been searching for an amp for my RB-81s. The old NAD does alright but I'd like to have some more headroom. I hooked up the Cinema Grand to them for one afternoon and they opened up very well. The Samson poses another amp possibilty I hadn't thought of being pro components.

It was the amp that SVS supplied with the CS Ultra package. It puts out 500 watts per channel @ 8 ohms.

It uses XLR connectors so you'll have to get some sort of RCA to XLR adapter.

You can send your horns to Bob and he'll install them for you but he has really detailed instructions on his website that make the diaphragm change very easy to do.

They're around $60 for the pair, totally worth it.

I see so that's powering your sub. There are a couple S1000 on Ebay for around $230. Add $20 more for adapting XLR to RCA, that's a good price for the wattage. I've read so often here on this forum to use tube amps with Klipsch. Hard to go the tube amp path with all these other options to try at a cheaper price. Or am I wrong to assume tube amplification breaks the bank?

Thanks again for the diaphragm tip. I'm comfortable swapping speaker components so it will be fun! Bob's titaniums are out of stock for now, but I'll keep checking for availability.