KLIPSCH MARKTING PLAN

fawwaz

Even now the klipsch online store is out of stock,while from a very while the v-2 400 where available almost everywhere.

One must admire the capabilty of klipsch to sell the same product 90% identical twice ,all this fuss about the new promedia which are almost identical the previous model and several biast online reviews had led to this succefull markting plan which made klipsch profict twice from the same product.

Another company comes to mind that used the same strategy is Creative Labs with sound blaster Live! value , X-Gamer , +Mp3 and even platinum which are exactly the same chip with very minor differences.

You can either learn a lesson here or feel screwed, well not really, I mean this is good markting plans that arent taught at unversities.

good learnig smile.gif

Just because people know that fact but dont think about means it a working startegy , now come on tell whats the big difference ,and the same applies to the Creative labs sound cards.

Whats that stuff about me being mad , thats none sence , i am merly stating an observation that I belive to be a fact.

Live! Value: the cheapest. you get nothing except the actual card and some drivers.

Live! Xgamer: great value if you want the games that come with it.

Live! MP3: same thing, except this one is more arguable cuz you can get a lot of the software bundled with it for free on the Net. but a good solution for newbies.

Live! Platinum: very expensive, but you get a live drive which may be very useful for some people, with the remote and you get an spdif out.

v2.400: staticky preamp, but great sound.

option to get the upgraded CP-1 later.

4.1: no more static, even better sound because of the reworked xovers, CP-1 included.

you get what you pay for in each case.

Thank you ,you have just proved my point.

These are the same chips with diffent markting plans,some with games, some with differnt drivers, but in the end they are the product sold to differnt people, so if you like music you get + Mp3 if you like game you get X-Gamer, when in fact they are the same chip markted differntly!

The products are marketed differently because they are different products geared toward different populations with their own preferences. If Creative just put out one card then they would put out the platinum because that's the best available. But who would want to spend $200 for a card, and some don't need to use the additional options that come with it. If Klipsch only offered 4.1's, then I wouldn't have been able to buy my 2.1's. Get your speakers and you wouldn't be so mad about everything! Hope you get them soon!

I don't agree with Fawwaz. 1) Klipsch only released the new 4.1 because of ppl whining about the previous set's static and hiss, and thus the company just took a step to mend the problems that persisted. Those speakers were the measuring stick against which all the future speakers were going to come out. Even tho it had its flaws, they were still top of the line.

2) the CP-1 amp is for $50, and that comes included with the new 4.1 set, if it wasn't there then it would have been $250. so to say that they are the same speakers for $300 is bullshit. do that math, $250 + $50.

3) if u thnk that Klipsch is cheating you, think again. Paying $250 for comp speakers is like paying $2000 for surround speakers for your hi fi theatre system. you just don't dish out that kind of money without putting some research into what u are buying. I have known about the 4.1 since the day they were rumored to come out. So i just waited. 4 months you freak. add another cuz every online site is OOS.

4) How about TNT 2 ultra vs TNT 2, they are both EXACTLY THE SAME CHIP, but are priced different, why? cuz one is overclocked and only hardcore gamers will dish out the extra moola to get more FPS. They don't care, stop whining if u thnk YOU are being ripped off. Don;t buy it.

5) as far as your story about SB live and gamer and all that.....how old was the SB Live b4 they decided to come out with the new cards? i am sure at least a year old. You really thnk that creative would hold an edge in the market if it were to produce the same card for years, they sell enuff in the first place to cover all their costs and make more than enuff to sell the new cards for the same price. ANd besides all those upgrades are trivial, some software package changes, and an added 5.1 Dolby digital input. I don;t need the 5.1 option, and i got all the games that come along with it, so i have no complaints towards Creative. Give these cards a year and they will come out with somethng else, which will be better than the current line, and will sell for the same price. you know what? knowing this why don't u wait a year so the new cards come out, and the prices of these drop, then u can get these for a lower price and be all giddy about it, or u can go on with the endless rants of "how dare they cheat us!? they are selling cards with more features than the last one had, for the same price, and they are the same chips!!"

6) If you were to go out and buy a computer with the pentium 4 processor, only to find out that a month later they are being recalled due to a bug. Boo hoo, you took the chance of getting the best at a premium price and of the first batch, so don;t take your complaints to the manufacturer if they release a new P4 chip with certain enhancements and slightly more expensive, just so that all the flaws have been eradicated and consumers get the best. If you want to be the first, be my guest, but don't complain, cuz being the first doesn't make you special.

I got more to say but can't thnk of it, too sleepy, got back from college, but i am sure paragon and seb will agree with me.

You love to argue don't you, I was just saying that these are great speakers and great cards, that are markted in a such a way that reached all audiences, which is good. Basiclly they are the same product sold with or without polishing.

One might even think why klipsch didnt include a headphone jack and a powerswitch , maybe to update later????

just like expansion games, selling the same game( differnet missions)!!

No extra work nessary just selling around the same idea.

Yes creative have been selling the same chip for years but under differnt names and drivers!!

I am not made from klipsch again this is just an observation.(fact of markting)

ummm...

there is a big difference between "same product" and "same basic product with different benefit bundles".

would you rather get a plain Dodge Viper, or a Dodge Viper GTS-R? obviously the second one. but it's the same basic product, with some amount of performance increase due to what you call "polishing".

the 4.1 have several differences with the v2.400 which warrant the increased price. klipsch did not include a headphone jack and everything else because they were working with a 250 dollar price point. you were getting amazing value for that money. now they saw that people were willing to pay more for more, so they just gave us what we wanted.

there's no "trick", they just accomodate our demands.

same thing for the sb live! cards. yeah, they have the same chip, but a hell of a lot is different apart from that. not only the software bundle, but also some hardware (digital out, spdif out, etc..)

then after the 1st generation cards, creative lauched the 5.1 line. they actually changed the hardware in a way that was sure to please everybody. not the same product, even though the chip may have remained the same.

i don't know where you wanted to go with this thing. i think it's pretty clear to everyone else that the 4.1 is not the same as the v2.400, and thus klipsch is not using any trick to get more money out of us. same for the soundcards.

I never said anything about being ripped off.

I was just admiring the markting of Klipsch and Creative to sell the same products with polishing instead of a brand new architcture (for the live!) which wasnt needed.

Since you are defending them so much ,they dont for your information they dont deny that the 4.1 is a polished v2-400 nor does creative for the same matter.

Some companies produce brand new lines and archticures ,others succeed with the same product after having it polished (very few)

And I admire them for that!!!

I just wanted this as an observation not attacking anyone or saying that we were being tricked.

Hope this clear for you Seb

maybe our misunderstanding stems in part from different interpretations of the word "polished"...

but in your first post, you clearly state that "several biast (sic) online reviews had led to this succefull markting (sic) plan which made klipsch profict (sic) twice from the same product."

this definitely has a negative connotation, and i certainly am not the only one who felt that way.

also, it clearly says that you considered the v2.400 and the 4.1 as the same product. i don't. whereas they have the same base, they differ in price and value added.

the sb live! cards, to a certain extent, are even more different from each other than the v2.400 is from the 4.1. they have the same basic architecture, except they come in very different bundles (which includes hardware in a major way in the case of the platinum), and a major change has occured between the first and second (5.1) generation of cards.

Well Seb it is diffcult to argue with you if you already made your mind up.

Apart from this conversation(argument), tell me honsetly if you own a Live Value! and dont care about the software bundale or the didgital output (5.1) since you will be using klipsch 4.1 would you buy the live X-gamer or +MP3???

For me no unless you can prove me wrong because I dont belive their is enough of a difference of quality to change or upgrade as you might say.

As for v2 -400 ok buy the amplifier and it is justifiable( why does only klipsch sell these by the way)

it's a preamp.

ummm... the whole point of the xgamer and mp3 is to have the software bundle! that's what i mean by value added. a lot of people do not have the games, are not willing to go the illegal way, and want the games. also, not everybody has 4 point surround speakers like us. some have speakers that require a digital out. therefore, they go for the xgamer. but the main point is that the new 5.1 line of cards is quite different, enough to warrant an upgrade. to choose between the different versions, you have to know your preferences and situation. if i had the cambridge soundwork speakers, for example, i'd go with the platinum.

but if i had the money, i'd definitely go with the sb live! platinum, for the live drive. i'd like to connect my puter to my home theater easily.

anyways, i just didn't like the fact that you seemed to be attacking (in an ironic way) klipsch and creative for their "marketing ploys". you can't satisfy everybody with the same product or the same bundle. you have to make more than one. and when you upgrade your product and your costs warrant it, or the market does, you increase the price. the ones that are willing to pay for the new version can; if not, they can just keep the old one. do you think consumers are all stupid and will feel forced to buy the new version?