Moving to seperates, need advice

Pete H

Hey Pete,

After looking and reading around on the web about Processors.. and my experience with Tech and gadgetry.. Getting a something as important as a Processor requires getting something better than what you can get in a reciever. duh.

However, almost all receivers have HDMI and MOST have some sort of room EQ or optimization. This is where even the best from the best companies fall short, allthough you can "add on" HDMI or Room EQ for a price. but it's not integrated. I can't stress that enough.

Look at the audyssey site for a complete list of processors/ receivers that come standard with WHAT level of processing.. Yamaha and Sony all have variations of the same thing. I have a Yamaha and the sound optimization does work. but I am not compelled to say which one is the best. I just know when it's on or off,

So in light of my lexicon recommendation, I personally weigh room optimization as an important or must have procedure, and there for weigh the NAD recommendation over the lexicon. HOWEVER, you still can add Audyssey processing to the Lexicon via their external processing but I think we're paying a premimum now that you have no interest in justifying.

Just a thought.

-Bill

However, almost all receivers have HDMI and MOST have some sort of room EQ or optimization. This is where even the best from the best companies fall short, allthough you can "add on" HDMI or Room EQ for a price. but it's not integrated. I can't stress that enough.

My Onkyo has Audyssey multi eq, but that's it and I've run it and honestly end up changing the adjustments. I need to research the other Audyssey features that are available and on what equipment. One of the current battles is horrible room acoustics in the "Man Cave" It's 13x30 with block walls, 7' ceilings (1/2 of them are ripped out for HVAC runs) and I'm used to having all of this upstairs where everything sounded incredible. I'm going to pass on the Lexicon and do a bit more research, along with running some new configurations with the Onkyo and take a little time with this decision.

Build yourself some absorbers, bass traps and diffusers and you will be well on your way to better sound. I treated my room so that Audyssey would not have to work as hard to make my room relatively flat. There is only so much Audyssey can do to tame room problemes.

Build yourself some absorbers, bass traps and diffusers and you will be well on your way to better sound. I treated my room so that Audyssey would not have to work as hard to make my room relatively flat. There is only so much Audyssey can do to tame room problemes.

I'm going to hold off on doing that to the man cave as this is temporary until the remodeling project is complete and then I'll work on the acoustics of the basement after, well actually during the finishing of that area.

I haven't done that yet, but let me know how it works out for you. I just wired the RF 7's up to both with the oppo as the source and did some A/B listening and there's no comparison.

As luck would have it my HK pooped in it's messkit this AM. Seems to want to shutdown 10-15 min after a cold soak. I've sent a return request to HK, so now its back to 2 ch HT for awhile. [:'(]

I haven't done that yet, but let me know how it works out for you. I just wired the RF 7's up to both with the oppo as the source and did some A/B listening and there's no comparison.

As luck would have it my HK pooped in it's messkit this AM. Seems to want to shutdown 10-15 min after a cold soak. I've sent a return request to HK, so now its back to 2 ch HT for awhile. [:'(]

Sorry to hear that, I hate when that happens, but the bright side is that you still have equipment to listen to while you get the HK worked out.