New guy

lucky5115

HiYaAll,

New guy here.. My name is Ron !

I just picked up KG 2.2 theatre system. oak clr in sweet condition.
Came with:

(1) Center 20W x 6 1/2 H x 6 1/2 D
(4) 19 1/2 H x 9 1/4 W x 9 1/4 D

I'm trying to find info on this set. I've found the spec's on this site but nothing on the center or even if when first produced if it came with or needs a sub.

I'd like to match a receiver or with whatever else I need. Is this a decent system? So far I've got 5 speakers and monster cable . .

Any help or info would be appreciated.

thanks~

Thanks. I understand my post is rather vague; but I'm a newbie lol .. I did search but posts were rather outdated. From what I can tell the center is a KG2.2V? Still not sure about the sub. Also; being that I have the the oak clear, what would be recommended for cleaning the wood? I dunno, maybe some 600 grit then pledge. I'd like to take the units somewhere to have it checked out electronically and iffin so what can I expect to pay for that? Visually they are all purrfect. please excuse my ignorance. lol

I was looking at the new Yamaha RX V765 7.2 channel 665 Watt Receiver to drive these puppies as it appears to be a great unit cost/performance wise.

again, any help or guidance would be most welcome!

Thanks in advance

Ron

• Moderators

That receiver should be just fine, as far as a sub they don't need to match like the rest of the speakers. Any decent sub should do the job, I would go with something like a 12", others can give you some ideas about subs I have always built my own.

As far as the sand paper idea, see if you can figure out if they were clear coat or oil finish and go from there.

Welcome to the forum

Thanks.

Thank You~ BTW, I found an old pioneer receiver and sub in my basement for testing; but they need to be updated. Hooked up all 6. The 2.2's kick it, overall very good balance, crisp and great sound given the task. Might even blow off the sub and get a pair of KG5.5's. dunno lol .

The cases are just plain ole clear w/o anything as you would buy a oak plank; so I'm thinking I can 400 then some sort of pledge or oil of some sorts.

You're right about the sub.. must be cool to build one.. <I'm a frustrated woodworker> Iffin you have plans or design please feel free to share; that'd be cool.

so.. if anyone has any ideas' I'm open for suggestions..

Merry Christmas!

Ron

• Moderators

You're right about the sub.. must be cool to build one.. <I'm a frustrated woodworker> Iffin you have plans or design please feel free to share; that'd be cool

If you can do the woodworking you can save alot of money. Go to the sub section of this forum and ask some questions, many have made subs there.