Does anybody know Altec811

brians7

Does anybody know how many cubic feet a Altec 811B and 902 driver would take up inside a CornScala. I was thinking about doing a split box design but now I am leaning towards a all in one box. The size is 21.5in. wide X 21.5in deep. And I am trying to figure what the correct height should be. Also any thoughts on a two way verses a three way design. I am going to make curved speaker grills to accomidate the 811 horns. I will try to post pics when i get started. How do you post pics?

Thanks Brian

Brian,

To post pics...click "options" tab....click "add/update" tab...navigate to your picture on your computer....click "save" (you may have to scroll to the right to be able to see the "save" button)...& then post.

Not sure what the volume of that combo would be...I'm sure others here will be able to help you out.

Both 2 & 3 way designs can be excellent....IMO it's not the fact that it's a 2 or 3 way, but the sume of the components used that will dictate the overall result. I have both 2 & 3 way design speakers & they both sound awesome. The usual arguements are that a 2 way will usually have a simpler crossover & therefore have gains in that department, whilst a 3 way will enable the drivers to operate over a much more limited frequency band & therefore give them better control over the particular frequencies they each cover.

Some members here run the Jubilee as a 2 way & I'm sure they're very happy with the sound...others will insist that you need that tweeter on top.

Have a listen to as many systems as you can & go for the overall flavour of sound you are after, rather than basing you're decision on technical parameters.

Just my 2c worth.

That 902 is an excellent driver & will perform beautifully. (I have a pair in my Altec 19's)

Look forward to seeing your build.

John