More Power...

Vonrebel

Vonrebel,

"I was told by the local Klipsch dealer that the RF-7s are not built to produce great low bass?????????"

Like Dean said the so called Klipsch dealer is a you know what.And may I add this same dealer has a watermelon for brains.

GIVE ME A BREAK a BREMBO BREAK

I mean the RF-7's can keep up with the KLF-30's in a side by side comparo.Both bass and SPL The RF-7's matched with a muscle Bryston,Celeste,ATI or Krell power amp will give you SOLID,CLEAN BASS with IMPACT you did not hear before.

The RF-7's have power down to near 30Hz!No bass! Who says? A bozo who never heard these with a REAL power amp,a clown who uses a whimpy reciever and has speakers set to SMALL. LOL

If I ever hear the RF-7's have weak bass or lack bass I will make the joker sit before them and use the Krell and throw in some real bass heavy tracks,the ears will bleed and the jokers will inherit bass phobia.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

It must be quite taxing dealing post from the inexperienced. All of you know, I, as other are Thankful for this forum.

Today I went to an upper end audio store and checked out a $1,000.00 Rotel power amp. The RB-1080, 100 watts x 2 ch. (To keep for three days.) Just give them a credit card and check it out like a library book.

As forcasted, basically all the power amp did was increased the volume. But with my untrained ear I probably missed some of the finer enhancements.

The increased performance of 200 Rotel watts, would only be worth about $250.00. This is not to say I wouldn't ever invest in a power amp, just that the 200 watt amp did not boost the sound enough to justify the cost, nor did it create low bass.

So the Yamaha RX-V3000 seems exceptable or sufficient, to run RF-7s , as HornED has already confirmed.

This a learning curve for sure.

TheEAR, Boa, Deang, avmman, & HornED are all going to be correct with there diagnosis. I need A KICK *** SUB,

OR TWO.

Now that we have successfully deduced the problem down to an inadequate sub. Additional input from the Klipschters will be respectfullly requested, on which sub woofer to get the job done.

Two SVS's? (Are these SVS's 12"in)

(The SVS's would be a pain to return.)

And these SVS subs offer a power amp with them as well. Is this amp necessary?

OR

One RSW 15"?

(Could buy this local) and could trade in my existing sub for $425.00 credit towards the new sub.

OR ????

quote:

Originally posted by Vonrebel:

Today I went to an upper end audio store and checked out a $1,000.00 Rotel power amp. The RB-1080, 100 watts x 2 ch. (To keep for three days.) Just give them a credit card and check it out like a library book.

Uhhh...The Rotel RB1080 is 200/wpc not 100/wpc.

You may also want to give it some time to break-in. Mine ran very hot for about two months (only occational playing) last Summer but over the Winter it has settled down. See Stereophile's review from March, 2002.

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

This message has been edited by tblasing on 03-17-2002 at 01:23 AM

Thanks, Rotel RB-1080 is 200 watts x 2 ch.

I would think this 1080 has already been broke in, as others have check it out as a demo.

This amp is probably fine. It just did not improve the bass as I had hoped. It was a free test, other than picking up an returning the amp back to the store.