KSF 10.5's or KG 4.5's or both??

oldmako

Trying to get some street cred with my homies on the Klipsch forum....

Both of the above available. The KGs are rough and need to be refinished. Both pair are cheap and will be utilized in by love child in her bedroom. I've heard the KG4's and 5.2's. Never heard the KSFs.

Advice? Scorn? Ridicule? Guffaws? Sneers? Admonitions? Recommendation? Exhortation? Loans? Thanks Gents.

I also haven't heard the KSF's. My pair of KG 3.5s (8 inch woofer) are impressive for their size. I remember one forum member saying they sound great for such 'beany little things'. I would think the 4.5s would deliver the goods with their larger 10 inch woofs. I like what the KG line offers.

Years ago I had picked up a set of the 10.5s at the local Sound Advice. They needed some tlc and a new horn that Klipsch covered under warranty. I ended up completing the ensemble with the C5 center and the S5 surrounds. It was my first adventure with Klipsch. I really liked the sound. Good output after living with NHTs for a while and they imaged close to the NHTs. The 10.5s got a great review from Brent Butterworth? from one of the stereo mags of the day. He compared the sound stage to that of a bi-polar such as a Def Tech. All I say is that I liked them a lot until I got bit by the upgrade bug. Mine were sold to a friend who still cranks hard on them today.

I went with the KSF10.5s and the KSF-S5s. I got all four speakers for 100 bucks.

I tested them A / B using my Sansui G5700 against my Fortes. I am very happy with the results! While not quite the Klipsch "sound" that I am used to, they will be fine in my daughters room. I suspect that she'll be pretty happy as well.

Back to the search for some 30s and/or Cornwalls and/or Fortes and/or.......