Home Theater - New to Klipsch

Owen 1

I've heard great things about Klipsch, and I've pretty much decided on the brand. I'm looking for a great sound system. My budget is probably about 4000 maximum. I think I have enough room for any type of speakers so I just want some suggestions. Thanks

Oh and on a side note, I was wondering if the Klipsch headphones are worth the hefty price. I don't mind paying for quality, but I need them to be able to stay in one piece for at least one year. I run a lot, so they would be exposed to a lot of movement and sweat. Can you suggest the best ones for me?

Well the room is about I'd say around 200 sq feet. I own a house. http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/xf-48-home-theater-system-overview/ I think as far as looks wise these match everything which will make my wife happy. I can for sure afford these but not much more than that. Also I don't mind mixing and matching brands if you think another company makes a better sub or something.

I have heard this sub with the WF series of speakers. It sounded good. Your hearing/tastes may vary. See if you can demo some subs and maybe find one that makes You and your Wife Happy.

For that Price Point, I think you could find something better, for less money. Alot of folks here like the Klipsch Sub 12...............

Good Luck. Post some Pics when you get setup..............

Welcome-You will find as many reccomendations as forum members. I would give the pre owned Heritage stuff careful consideration . You can buy speakers costing thousands new for a fraction of their original cost.The head phones are worth the money.You generally get you pay for.Check the garage daily. I bought all of my speakers from other forum members.The main thing is to look at as much stuff as possible and don't get in a hurry like I did at first.I bought all new stuff and ended up selling it for the classic Heritage sound. Good luck with your search.

Hi Owen, ditto to winchester.

It might be an idea to take your time and look for heritage (Khorns, LaScalas, Belles, Cornwalls, Heresy) and build from there. Quite a few forum members run Heritage HT systems. PSG is one, me for another. Heritage speakers are for life - like a best friend. The search and where it takes you is half the fun...... jeez- I'm lapsing into my Jim Morrison persona (OK - Val Kilmer doing Jim Morrison) .

And the Reference line of Klipsches offer full timbre matched, balanced HT speaker systems that are excellent for music as well as movies.

In the old days, there used to be a 3-2-1 ratio for audio equipment - 3 being $ spent on speakers, 2 being $ spent on amplification and 1 being $ spent on the head end.

Remember, music is your only friend until the end.

Slainte. Hamish